Upcoming update to functionality of hotfix list

Tomcat76

I like these lists, it really makes my life easier. Can you place comments on the wmfdist.exe and the directx cabs that the user needs to extract the files from the exe downloaded? Also, HFSLIP can do 32-bit 2003 server as well. Perhaps once everyone agrees on your format, a similar page can be set up for 2003 too.

Issue fixed. I was using firefox 1.0.7, but I just upgraded it to 1.5 and it works.
Ah, that explains.

Since there are "issues" with IE (I have to do things wrongly for it), I wanted an easy way to differentiate it from the "modern" browsers. After a bit of testing, I decided to use the TYPE attribute on the SCRIPT tag for that. For MSIE, I use "text/javascript" and for modern browsers I use "application/javascript". Firefox 1.0.7 apparantly didn't support the latter yet.

For those interested... It concerns the CSS style for the table rows that I want to display again. According to the standards, it should be done like this: display="table-row". But IE doesn't support that display property; it needs display="block" which is wrong in this context.

Can you place comments on the wmfdist.exe and the directx cabs that the user needs to extract the files from the exe downloaded?
Oh, so you want my pages to replace FDV's site completely. Why don't you just say so? :D

I'll see what I can do.

Also, HFSLIP can do 32-bit 2003 server as well.
I know... :)
Perhaps once everyone agrees on your format, a similar page can be set up for 2003 too.
I'll do it. I just need some more time. Edited by Tomcat76

Please report any mistakes you encounter. I've been at it for a couple of days now and noticed a problem once in a while. Things *should* be fine now but nothing is perfect.

Also, the pages are mirrored on another server since yesterday. I noticed some loading problems at times on the "main" server but it could be just my imagination as well.

You can find the links to the pages on the main server in my signature. The "alternate links" are these:

Win2K

WinXP

These links also exist at the bottom of my hotfix pages on this forum.

Huh... When I was takieng a look on your new site recently everything worked fine. But now the only dynamic part of it is "Let HFSLIP slipstream Service Pack 4", which does modify the list. Other switches do not... I'm using Opera 8.51 build 7712. Hope you'll manage to fix it soon, that's a great utility!

Huh... When I was takieng a look on your new site recently everything worked fine. But now the only dynamic part of it is "Let HFSLIP slipstream Service Pack 4", which does modify the list. Other switches do not... I'm using Opera 8.51 build 7712. Hope you'll manage to fix it soon, that's a great utility!
There should not be anything wrong with Tomcat's pages. They work fine for me, but I'm using IE. Try refreshing it or restarting your browser, etc. If that doesn't work, Tomcat will probably help.

-- Super-Magician :)

Edited by Super-Magician

Looks like Opera "temporarily" dropped support for "application/javascript". They supported it for sure in the late 7.x series, but I never really used it until now. Because of that past experience, I just assumed it would still work and it does in Opera 9.0p1 (my default browser since it was released). I checked it on another computer here which is still on Opera 8.50 and you're right -- the pages don't work.

Anyway, it's fixed. It's an ugly workaround but it's the only way. Earlier versions of Mozilla should be supported now too unless they don't know how to handle "display: table-row".