Sound32.dll

Rubberbband

I found that file in C:/ Seems odd to me that a Dll file would be stored there. Ran PC-cillin antivirus and my drive is clean. Just to be safe I ran Symantec's online scan and it also did not find anything. Anyone have any ideas why that dll file is there or what app it might be associated with?

Tx

I found that file in C:/ Seems odd to me that a Dll file would be stored there. Ran PC-cillin antivirus and my drive is clean. Just to be safe I ran Symantec's online scan and it also did not find anything. Anyone have any ideas why that dll file is there or what app it might be associated with?

Tx

well can it be a sound board driver dll?? just guessing! :)

Have you been on any IRC channels. Can you do a search for LIFE_STAGES.TXT.SHS and if found I need to know that.

If you ansered yes to any of the above get right back to us.

Have you been on any IRC channels. Can you do a search for LIFE_STAGES.TXT.SHS and if found I need to know that.

Don't do the IRC thing. But I did a search for that file and it's not on my system. I think you're referring to a possible virus (it's the only info I could find on sound32.dll). I wonder if I could simply delete it.

I find PC-Cillin to be quite effective as a Virus Scanner and I used to run Norton's but I found it was too controlling, a resource hog and also problematic. Correct me if I'm wrong. Always willing to learn and adapt.

Pc Cillian is the worst Av software there is. Do yourself a favor and get Norton with live update...

For the time being U can scan you Comuter with Nortons Online Virus Scan

=Drew

correction: panda av is the worst av software ever made

to me in descendent order this is how i classify the av:

1 - McAfee

2 - PcCillin

3 - Norton

4 - Panda

5 - All the other free ones that are worthless

I will always recommend AVG http://www.grisoft.com

Everything else just sucks in my opinion.

I've been running AVG for 3 years now. Never had a virus it couldn't catch, and it uses little to no resources. Best of all...

It's FREE

You never hear from the program, or even realize it's "working". The *only* time you hear from it is if you visit a site with malicious code, or an evil cookie is downloaded, or you have a virus (Which is like never for me). Sometimes I have to infect myself just to know it's working LOL

:)

• 1 month later...