Reformat with large drive

sexybunny

Was running an old 12G drive..bought a new 250G but only recognizes 137G...do I need a chip in my motherboard to make it see all 250G ... I tried to use maxblast 4 as it is a maxtor drive but nothing happened...

Any ideas?

9x only supports 137 GB partitions natively.

one way around it might be to create multiple partitions.

from just a little google work i see there are other work-a-rounds as well, just be sure that other disk utilities (defrag, etc.) will also support larger partitions.

Boot to windows with another drive and use partition magic ftp://download.axelero.hu/pub/seged/rends...0retaildemo.zip click on your big drive and see if any partitions exist. if not make a even amount of drives with your total space being divded evenly,on mine I made a 10g and 4- 7.5G's That way you dont have free bytes. If I made 4 even drives I'd have free bytes left over, hopfully you can understand what i'm trying to explain

screenshot0711bl.gif

screenshot0720nn.gif

Edited by kartel

Your mobo probably doesn't support 48-bit LBA. If it does, you'll see the whole capacity in Windows, but you can't access more than 128Gb of it or it'll wrap around and corrupt the partition. That is a problem with the ESDI_506.PDR - search around these forums and you'll find some more info.

Was running an old 12G drive..bought a new 250G but only recognizes 137G...do I need a chip in my motherboard to make it see all 250G ... I tried to use maxblast 4 as it is a maxtor drive but nothing happened...

Any ideas?

If you need more information you should also provide more information.

What motherboard do you have? Or with what chipset? What is displayed in BIOS? What Windows version do you use? Do you suppose to use concurrently other operaing systems on this box?

Some motherboards support >137GB, some not.

Some BIOSes support >137GB, some not.

Some drivers support >137GB, some not.

Useful reading:

http://www.48bitlba.com/

Use Google.

Petr