WinXP Refresh Rate def. 60hz

blonde_ginger

I have the same problem that loucypher has. An "unknown" monitor according to the manufacturer. Using 98 and 2000 it detects it as a Plug and Play monitor NOT a Default Monitor. I have already told you that I have a ge force 2 gts and even the reference design boards (as most of them are) can do more than 60hz in 1600x1200 letalone in 1280x1024.

I also mentioned that I am using the detonator drivers, which you might know are M$ WHQL Signed drivers and thus I doubt that they are faulty. Especially when you think that all of the gaming freaks out there use the v21.83 drivers and run at higher res at a higher hz. Do you think that if there was a problem with the diver and refresh rates at high res then the hardcore gaming community would have noticed, let alone M$ when they signed them.

No... the issue here is very likely the problem that I CANNOT change my monitor driver OR install a new one (either would be nice) because when you go to Add New Hardware Device and then manually install another monitor there is no M$ Plug and Play driver as there has been in all other PnP editions of M$ windows.

I would like Windows to detect my monitor as a PnP one as it did with LouCypher. But because my monitor does not exist in device manager I cannot delete the driver to force windows to have another go and i cannot change the driver manually.?!?

I think the best thing to do would to be contact the manufacturer, and see if the have drivers compatiable with 200 or xp. That might be the one and only thing that may fix this situation.

goodluck

Ps whats the Make and model...you never mentiond it. Maybe someone could find drivers...or is having the same promlems with the same Moniter

-drew

It is a Daytek (daewoo), as for the model, i cannot tell because the label was ripped off long ago. Never needed to know b4!

What I would like is the Plug and Play Monitor driver for Windows XP then i could install a new monitor using that. I dont know if you have noticed but M$ has changed the way you can use the add new hardware wiz. You cannot force the standard M$ drivers anymore (I used that many times for a modem with no dirvers). I know it makes it a bit more user friendly but it is a bit of a step back if u ask me.

try installing power strip

u can change refresh rate using that prog.....usually

****...ur geoforce is so good

my cheap xpert 98..when i click advance under display properties...they only provide me with one tab...nothing else.....a cheap driver..and ati doesn't even support it anymore on xp

Blonde_Ginger, I ran in the same exact problem as you back in May/June on windows 2000. I had Default Monitor installed, I was unable to change/install/update a newer monitor driver, or change refresh rates, I could do nothing at all cos it was all greyed out.

At the time, I had official Radeon 64mb DDR Drivers installed, when I tried out a beta radeon driver on my PC, I found that I was now able to change the Monitor device from the Diaplay > Settings > Advanced > Monitor > to a Plug and Play :)

You said you already tried out different graphics drivers. And I'm also baffled as to why it still doesn't work. Try out some other detonator drivers which you haven't installed yet.

Guest LouCypher

so small... ive got a 20 inch viewable:D bought it for used from this place:D [/quote:7f61ded37a]

Local to you? That's a **** good price. I can only get a 15" for $50 USD. What resolution does it go up to? It's not one of those fixed frequency NEC monitors is it?