Aahhh! My connection!

:)

Sympatico has capped their service. They've had the caps since June 02. They offer an insanely low amount of bandwidth. When I left it was set at 5 gigs up AND down. Not sure what it's set to now. If you're hosting the MSN 6.0 file and or patch on your connection, it's safe to assume your connection was lowered for that reason. Unless your friends dad is someone of importance within the company, I think it's safe to bet he didn't have anything to do with it. Sympatico is a large company part of a huge corporation. Someone's dad (Again, unless someone of importance), isn't going to be able to say "Yo...change this kids connection speed!).

The only thing I would suggest is to call them on the phone and find out what's going on. Have you tried recycling the modem?

:)

Sympatico has capped their service.  They've had the caps since June 02.  They offer an insanely low amount of bandwidth.  When I left it was set at 5 gigs up AND down.  Not sure what it's set to now.  If you're hosting the MSN 6.0 file and or patch on your connection, it's safe to assume your connection was lowered for that reason.  Unless your friends dad is someone of importance within the company, I think it's safe to bet he didn't have anything to do with it.  Sympatico is a large company part of a huge corporation.  Someone's dad (Again, unless someone of importance), isn't going to be able to say "Yo...change this kids connection speed!).

The only thing I would suggest is to call them on the phone and find out what's going on.  Have you tried recycling the modem?

Well, after being so **** p***ed at Sympatico, its back up again...I was hosting MSN 6 on my connection, but that was over a week ago until it I pulled it off...Sympatico has bandwidth capped at 10gigs (upload AND download)...The kid's dad is the assistant treasurer :rolleyes: ...So after having one more chat with this kid, I really found out that his dad hadn't done anything yet...So I guess I'm expecting something to come...

Internet is back up and running...I'm guessing it was a glitch with something...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after about two weeks of not having this problem, it has come back to haunt me! :) I called my ISP yesterday and they put me on the phone, not with a technical support agent, but one of the actual maintenance guys that fix up the servers and stuff...So, I just got a call from them (YES, at 10:30 in the morning) and they told me that my download speed was 960 bytes/sec!! They can't even figure out what the problem is! :rolleyes: I'm expecting a call in 5-10 minutes, so I gotta stop writing messages...Cya...