NLITE'd HFSLIP

tommyp

I think NLITE has changed the way of crunching the source. I tried a bunch of times to nlite a source, only to get an error. Anyone else have problems?

Looks like I'm going to be counting on Oleg's reduction fileset pretty soon as an alternative.

Why not? :rolleyes: You can even stay with IE if you want ;) As I said - it could be about 100MB or even less (I don't want to remove speach component and hardware support).

By the way, could you please check if nLite removes all CAT files?

Edited by Oleg_II

:( Yeah, looks like probs with Framework 2.

I have also probs reducing a source and build the iso on German-W2k.

Don´t know why they have changed the code. :huh:

Looking for an alternativ iso-builder. :realmad:

Have nice days.

Edited by wela

Found the problem. The new version of nlite doesn't like to see modified INF files in your sourcess folder. I had a modified mplayer.inf file, but when changing it back to the original, it worked. I like the older version of nlite better.

A little followup on this matter. NLITE doesn't like renamed files. For example, INF renamed to IN_ and DLL renamed to DL_. Also, NLITE doesn't like modified setup dlls in the source either (setupapi.dl_, sfc.dl_ and sfcfiles.dl_). So watch your toes if using advanced features of HFSLIP when using NLITE.

I posted my findings of all of this (and others) here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...&gopid=439898

• 4 weeks later...