Opera buys Opera

Nanaki

OSLO, NORWAY– Amidst mounting speculation of an all-out bidding war between Microsoft, Google and the Korean bakery down on 3rd, Opera Software announced today that it inadvertently purchased itself in a $0 million recursive merger set to complete on Monday.

“I’m as surprised as everyone else,” said Opera CEO Jon von Tetzchner. “I read the news on http://www.geocities.com/~MiltonsTechWorld192/index.html when I woke up this morning.”

“Buying Opera is very Web 2.0,” said Milton, who was studying for a social studies test and could only comment briefly. “It’s like tagging. More companies should try it.”

Analysts value the deal at 42 liters of hot air, the estimated net worth of the blogosphere’s journalistic abilities.

———-

About Opera Software ASA

Opera Software ASA is an industry leader in the development of Web browser technology, targeting the desktop, mobile, PDA, home media and vertical markets. Partners include companies such as IBM, Nokia, Sony, Motorola, Adobe, Macromedia, Symbian, Sony Ericsson, Kyocera, Sharp, Motorola Metroworks, MontaVista Software, BenQ, Sendo and AMD. The Opera browser has received international recognition from users, industry experts and media for being faster, smaller and more standards-compliant than other browsers.

About Opera Software ASA

Opera Software ASA is an industry leader in the development of Web browser technology, targeting the desktop, mobile, PDA, home media and vertical markets. Partners include companies such as IBM, Nokia, Sony, Motorola, Adobe, Macromedia, Symbian, Sony Ericsson, Kyocera, Sharp, Motorola Metroworks, MontaVista Software, BenQ, Sendo and AMD. The Opera browser has received international recognition from users, industry experts and media for being faster, smaller and more standards-compliant than other browsers.

Source

Opera

I don't know for sure what it means, but I think Opera tries to protect itself from being bought by bidding on itself, you can bid on yourself as high as you want because you wont lose any money by doing so, I think it's a tactic to outsmart MS and Google...