1900+

dirtwarrior

sure, go start by going into your bios and slightly raising the htt(fsb) up 5mhz, then run prime95 to see if its stable

also lower ur ram divider to 5/6

if/when you do get prime errors and you want to go higher, then raise the vcore up to the next setting

just make sure to watch ur temps

Edited by ripken204

Since my board isnt easily overclocked are there programs which makes it easy to do it?

OK here I found something here http://www.ocworkbench.com/2002/ecs/k7s5abios/cheepobios.htm

for O/C bios. I have never upgraded bios before,I am a little nervous doing it.

Any pointers? What if I have to revert back to the bios I had?

Edited by dirtwarrior

Since my board isnt easily overclocked are there programs which makes it easy to do it?

OK here I found something here http://www.ocworkbench.com/2002/ecs/k7s5abios/cheepobios.htm

for O/C bios. I have never upgraded bios before,I am a little nervous doing it.

Any pointers? What if I have to revert back to the bios I had?

when flashing your bios it will usually give u the option 2 backup your current bios. its pretty easy. as long as u backup your current bios you'll be fine

I have Speed Fan installed on my computer here are the current read out

CPU 100

PSI 33.3

SDRAM 133.3

This brings estimated speed to 1194 MHz

I have 1024 meg SDRAM 168 pin ram installed (this is what I had from prevous computer)

1900 AMD processor.

From the spec above what should I change? What kind of speed increase would I get.

I am not brave enough to try flashing to the O/C bios yet.

My board supports 2100 DDR ram would ram rated higher work? Any benifits? I ask this because if this board dies maybe I will get a board that can use this type of ram.

Edited by dirtwarrior

• 4 weeks later...
I have an ECS board with a 1900+ processor. The board is 266 FSB. The test speed is 1196 processor speed. I want to safely and easily squeeze out a little more speed out of it, anybody willing to help?

It's probably underclocked if it's at less than 1.60 ghz. Can you use 133 mhz FSB stably?

OK I went into BIOS it seems like those are kind of greyed out and it wont let me change those. Is there a way to trick it into letting me change those values?

You're probably required to change a jumper. The FSB probably is controlled by a jumper.

100 mhz probably is the default and if you have an Athlon XP, change that to 133 mhz.

Do you still have the motherboard manual?