How to kill a running Programm

I have a little problem with my unattended setup. I use a EXE to play

MP3 Files during GUI Setup, beginning at T32. But if then XP Setup reboots (T0) there is A BSOD, if

i use a configuration with the damned Soundmax-driver. I must switch off and on the

computer and and the istallation is still running with GUI RunOnce

If i cancel the MP3 playing EXE, no error. So i thought : if it is possible to close the program just

a little moment before XP reboots, i got no error and i have FULL unattended setup. (Without pressing

the power button) Is it possible to run a AUTOIT Script to close the playing file ?

But its only with Soundmax Audio Chips, no problem at Realtek AC97 or HDA Devices.

I also tried out Media Player Classic at T12, same Problem BSOD at Reboot.

Here is a vbs script that will taskkill the window is hidden.

Save As Tkill.VBS

Red text is where you place the app name

Const Hidden = 0, Normal = 1, Min = 2 '''' SET THE SIZE OF THE WINDOW

Dim Act : Set Act = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

Act.Run("%comspec% /c TASKKILL /F /T /IM PLACE_APP_NAME_HERE"),Hidden,True

The question that still needs to be answered is how do you know when to kill the process. My solution would be to start a second process that monitors all windows for the countdown window and kills the player process when it sees the countdown window. (I'm not going to write a code sample for this one but I hope my idea helps you.)

...but how will I (or the Task-killer Program) know, that the GUI Setup will reboot ? I would make a AutoIt Script like " if WinExists ( "Windows XP Home Edition Setup" , "ungefähr 1 Minute" ) then" (-its a german version), but i dont know, if the title and/or the windows text is the right one. I would use AutoIT to close the self playing MP3.

The File i use is a MP3toEXE converted MP3 file, its 15min, starts at T32 and the program loops...so it plays and plays..and install time is various from machine to machine. It should close/kill this program just a moment befor the setup reboots the computer.

I hope you can understand my problem....