[Released] Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC7

Siginet

Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC7.1

Well... it is finally here! Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC7.1

PowerPacker will help a user create a Multiboot Windows XP disk with or without DriverPacks. It will do almost everything for you, even hex edit the files needed to be hexed, create the boot directory, boot menu, etc. It makes creating multiboot XP disks a breeze.

This program was made with the BTS DriverPacks in mind. Basically it does just about everything you need to do to add a windows XP load to your MultiBoot Disk.

It will gather the needed files from your source XP CD and put them into a directory you specify. It will grab the DriverPack Files and install them. It will create a boot directory for your load and even hex edit the files that need to be HEXED to allow you to boot to it. It will put the needed info into the boot list so you can select your XP load. It makes testing the DriverPacks very easy!!!

==================================================

Fixed in this release:

v1.0 RC7.1

1. Fixed the error in my code that became an issue when trying to compile an iso.

v1.0 RC7

1. I think I may have fixed the issue where people had trouble creating the iso.

2. Fixed bug where when clicking "Pack These Files Into The Destination" nothing would happen if you had not clicked on the "Tri-Pack" or "Custom Pack Name" buttons at all.

3. Thanks to XPero of MSFN.ORG there have been some new professional looking graphics added to Windows XP PowerPacker. He created a new Icon, a new Boot Screen and a new Header Logo for the program... Also a new avatar for me to use at MSFN.ORG! ;) Thanks a lot XPero!

Version History:

HERE

==================================================

Please post bugs and requests in this thread... and be nice... this is my first Public App! :blink:

ScreenShots:

Main Window

Properties_RC7.jpg

Properties Window

Properties-Window.jpg

Default Boot Screen

WinXP_PP_Boot_Scrn_RC7.jpg

Download/Rate Windows XP PowerPacker HERE ONLINE @ BetaNews.com

Or download it from these mirrors:

HERE ONLINE Thanks to my server for this mirror.

Mirror 2 OFFLINE Thanks to Telenut for this mirror!

Mirror 3 OFFLINE Thanks to kelsenellenelvian for this mirror!

Mirror 4 ONLINE Thanks to Moesasji for this mirror!

P.S. Please check out Windows XP PowerPacker's spot at BetaNews.com

Give it a rating and place a comment if you get a chance. Thanks everybody!

Looks like Windows XP PowerPacker is becoming very popular! Check out google to see what I am talking about.

Search: Windows XP PowerPacker on GOOGLE.com

Edited by Siginet

Cool, I like the new layout.

and my mirror is up again!

btw, wy start a new topic everytime? Those who are subscribed to an other topic with releases do not get an email when there is a new version this way :-)

Cool, I like the new layout.

and my mirror is up again!

btw, wy start a new topic everytime? Those who are subscribed to an other topic with releases do not get an email when there is a new version this way :-)

That's a good point.

I start a new thread so that new bugs are posted in each thread for that specific version.

But I think you are right. I think I will reply to the previous thread so that others know a new version has been released.

Looks kinda like you need a fast server!!!

Here you go!

www.wpiw.net/downloads/PowerPacker_v1.0RC7.1.zip

Unlimited Bandwidth so it is not likely to go down!

Thanks kelsenellenelvian! I added it to the list of mirrors! :thumbup

Error fixed.   Thanks for reporting it GhostRider! 

No Problem, just going to try out the new version... :D BTW, the BTS link in your sig points to the old address :whistle:

P.S the new version works fine

Thanks for the verification Ghostrider! ;)

The GUI doesn't display everything on my desktop using 144dpi (a problem seen with some progs). The bottom items:

[ ] Custom Pack Name and [ ] Create a Tri-Pack

only show the top half.

Is there any plan to make it other than a Tri-pack?

Edited by Takeshi