Nero Burning ROM v7 installation

BoardBabe

Thanks for the pointers. The ProductSetup shortcut delete is working great and I have added the following to run BurnRights:

If $RBR = 1 Then
RunWait ( @ProgramFilesDir & "\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\NeroBurnRights.exe" & " /all" )
EndIf

Is there a way to install ShowTime but control which file associations it takes? I need ShowTime for DVD playback but I don't want it to steal all the other Media Player types.

Gonna work on the uninstalls now...

Edited by IT Troll

OK I think I now have the uninstalls working with the following:

If FileExists ( @ProgramFilesDir & "\Ahead\Nero\Uninstall\UNNero.exe" ) Then
Run ( @ProgramFilesDir & "\Ahead\Nero\Uninstall\UNNero.exe" & " /UNINSTALL /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "UNNero.exe" )
EndIf

If FileExists ( @WindowsDir & "\UNNeroBurnRights.exe" ) Then
Run ( @WindowsDir & "\UNNeroBurnRights.exe" & " /UNINSTALL /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "UNNeroBurnRights.exe" )
EndIf

If FileExists ( @WindowsDir & "\UNNeroVision.exe" ) Then
Run ( @WindowsDir & "\UNNeroVision.exe" & " /UNINSTALL /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "UNNeroVision.exe" )
EndIf

Has anyone got any ideas on the ShowTime file associations?

The script works but only on the first run... If the installer failed for some reason the first time and I try to run it again using a script it gives me a directX install error

Edited by ricktendo64

@ricktendo64 – Yes, I'm aware of this issue. It seems that install directory can't be the same again. Nero 7.9.6.0 extracted files differently than the current release. I'll have to make some sort of temp-delete function before the installation starts to prevent this from happening in the future.

@IT Troll - I'm glad to hear that uninstalls are working for you. :thumbup

Suggestion: you can use single line code to do the same.

If FileExists ( @WindowsDir & "\UNNeroBurnRights.exe" ) Then RunWait ( @WindowsDir & "\UNNeroBurnRights.exe" & " /UNINSTALL /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT" )

I'm currently on vacation and won't be back anytime soon, but please post suggestions or PM me regarding this script to make it even better.

It did try that method but the script didn't wait for the process to finish and moved straight onto the next uninstall. This then popped a Nero error that an instance of the uninstaller was already running.

With regards to the ShowTime file associations I am thinking of using RegWrites to set them back to Media Player. Is that a good idea / my only option?

This is the error message I get when trying to install Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_trial.exe using Nero71010.au3

i946236_nero.jpg

I cleaned %WINDIR%\Temp\*.* and %TMP%\*.* before installation.

I get that same error, also the conf.txt file won't delete which stops Start Menu and Quick Launch shortcuts from being created, I have the Nero StartSmart desktop shortcut set to be deleted which it doesn't.

I would also like to be able to select file associations with the script, as I'd rather use Windows Media Player 11 to play most files.

It would be good if multiple serial numbers could be input so people can automatically activate plugins they own.

The ability to change setup path would be good too as my WINDOWS directory is on E:\ and my Program Files are installed on C:\ so my actual Nero installation should be "C:\Program Files\Nero\" instead of defaulting to "E:\Program Files\Nero\"

Edited by Schmitty

OK I am now using the following to return the file associations back to Media Player after installing ShowTime:

If $RFA = 1 Then
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.aif", "", "REG_SZ", "AIFFFile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.aifc", "", "REG_SZ", "AIFFFile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.aiff", "", "REG_SZ", "AIFFFile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.avi", "", "REG_SZ", "avifile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.m1v", "", "REG_SZ", "mpegfile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.m3u", "", "REG_SZ", "m3ufile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.mid", "", "REG_SZ", "midfile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.midi", "", "REG_SZ", "midfile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.mp2", "", "REG_SZ", "mpegfile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.mp3", "", "REG_SZ", "mp3file" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.mpa", "", "REG_SZ", "mpegfile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.mpeg", "", "REG_SZ", "mpegfile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.mpg", "", "REG_SZ", "mpegfile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.rmi", "", "REG_SZ", "midfile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.wav", "", "REG_SZ", "soundrec" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.wma", "", "REG_SZ", "WMAFile" )
RegWrite ( "HKCR\.wmv", "", "REG_SZ", "WMVFile" )
EndIf

I have also extracted the main setup executable so this doesn't have to be done during the install. This makes the process much faster, means that the Ask Toolbar installer can be deleted completely and hopefully the DirectX update issue will be avoided. My final script is now quite different to CEoCEo's, but many thanks for introducing me to the wonderful world of AutoIt and setting me off in the right direction. :thumbup

i946236_nero.jpg

After spending a few hours tinkering with the script I believe the error to be in line 110.

$search = FileFindFirstFile ( @TempDir & "\NER*.*" )

I changed it to...

$search = FileFindFirstFile ( @TempDir & "\NERO13349" )

which is the random generated directory name, and works fine. You might need to check this name on your system to make sure.

I will keep investigating to see why the wildcard *.* in the original script is failing.

Updated script to version 1.4

Changelog:

* Updated: Support for different version of 'Nero Burning ROM 7.10.1.0' featuring (The Weather Channel Desktop)

* Updated: Only update DirectX if necessary

* Added: Option to define a custom installation directory

* Added: Clean up temporary files before installation starts

* Added: Exit script if Nero is already installed

* Added: Option to Delete Nero ProductSetup shortcut

* Added: Option to Delete Nero Online Upgrade Offering shortcuts

* Added: Option to Reset File Associations created by Nero ShowTime

* Removed: Obsolete component (Fast CD-DVD Burning Plug-In for WMP)

Script is found in my signature :whistle:

To get around the problem with Help files not being installed when you specify a custom installation path, download WinRAR and change the comment.

Original

PATH=%ProgramFiles%\Nero

Custom

PATH="C:\Program Files\Nero"

or whatever your custom path is

Edited by Schmitty