Nero Burning ROM v7 installation

BoardBabe

Hi..thanks all for helping solve this "issue"

few questions thou..

How do u run this script? Do i need to rename Nero7960.au3 to .exe or just leave (start CMD) it as :

ECHO.
ECHO Intalling Nero 7...
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\Nero7960.au3

also is it neccesary to have custom conf.txt file and if so can some one please post-share that file.

Thanks heaps

Hi..thanks all for helping solve this "issue"

few questions thou..

How do u run this script? Do i need to rename Nero7960.au3 to .exe or just leave (start CMD) it as :

ECHO.
ECHO Intalling Nero 7...
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\Nero7960.au3

also is it neccesary to have custom conf.txt file and if so can some one please post-share that file.

Thanks heaps

Install autoit. Then edit .au3 file as you wish (right click on it and click edit script).

Compile the .au3 file with right click on it (result an .exe file which the cmd file will call).

Put .exe file and Nero installer in the same folder.

Don't need switch because .au3 compiled file (.exe) is a silent switchless installer.

Edited by radix

I just wanted to let everyone know that this script works with the new 7.10.1.0 installer released today. You need to alter the version number in the script (find/replace) and recompile but it works OK.

Everything except the .chm installer. :angry:

They split the main installer into many smaller .chm installers. WTF! :realmad:

It won't be long though for someone to compile an all-in-one .chm installer though. :whistle:

AutoIt-script is updated to version 1.31 (minor update) and uploaded to 'AutoIT Script Collection'.

* Updated: Support for 'Nero Burning ROM 7.10.1.0' and hopefully further small updates

Search of distribution is now (Nero-7*.exe)

Everything except the .chm installer. :angry:

They split the main installer into many smaller .chm installers. WTF! :realmad:

It’s working here… same package format as before but extracted to %ProgramFiles%\Nero instead of %ProgramFiles%\Ahead\Nero but the script is taking care of that already.

BTW, is “Fast CD-DVD Burning Plug-in for WMP” removed in this release or what?

CEoCEo, glad to see you are first in there with updated Autoit script normally it takes ages before someone does new script, personally iv'e tried editing the msi file, unpacking at one time and editing the conf.txt file mind you your last version when editing conf file worked but autoit version is kewl, boardbabe was one of the first to do one i,e, when nero changed it's installer.

Thanks to, your self . blinkdt, mr_smartepants, Shark007

now got to download nero again and try new script, just wish they would listen to peeps, make it modular or give us switches . :rolleyes:

I made my own .chm installer which works fine. I just opened the original .chm installer in winrar (which maintains the installer script), downloaded the updated .chm files from nero.com, drag-n-drop the new .chm files into the .chm installer .exe.

sweet!

:thumbup

Hi, I'm brand new to AutoIT so please be gentle with me. I am looking for a solution for a Nero 7 upgrade roll-out and came across this thread. The script looks great but I need to do a few extra things, are these possible?

Silently uninstall Nero 6.x.x.x if it is installed (without reboot)

Silently uninstall NeroVision Express 3.x.x.x if it is installed (without reboot)

Prevent ProductSetup being installed or delete the shortcut

Run BurnRights at the end

@IT Troll – Welcome to MSFN. I'm not sure if uninstallation can be done that easily without reboot. One time I had to delete all registry settings to make it work properly even after successful uninstall. It's not an easy task you are about to do and don't expect it will work flawlessly just because you are using AutoIt. To delete all files and registry settings was the only option that helped for me back then but I believe it can be done more easily these days. Use Nero's General CleanTool and please use the AutoIt-forum and help file if you really want to learn scripting.

Nero7 leaves some uninstall files in %WINDIR% and maybe Nero6 does the same.

Check if these files exists %WINDIR%\UNNero*.exe and try to run %WINDIR%\UNNero*.exe /UNINSTALL and see what happens.

This AutoIt line deletes Nero ProductSetup shortcut

Run ( @ComSpec & " /c " & "del /q /s NEROPR~1.LNK", @ProgramsCommonDir, @SW_HIDE)

Edit: Wow… :w00t: this script is getting quite popular and many new forum users here just to get it.

I really hope this script is useful when Ahead doesn't seem to care for us unattended users. :P

Edited by CEoCEo

1. Extract Nero using administrative install switches

2. Then goto "Redist" folder

3. Then Config folder and you will find the "conf.txt" file

Thats the very file you want and remove features you dont want to.

So how does it work?

If you launch the installation, the features u chose not to install, will not be available

i openened in winrar and altered config

I used this method on my Nero Nero-7.7.5.1. Everything worked fine and it didn't reboot my computer

but i get an error message pop up

unable to register c:programfiles\commonfiles\Ahead\Nero3DMenuEffects.dllErrorcode-2147024713

canot create a file when that file already exsists

error = 183

Facility =7

this is on a new virtual drive

if i click the only box cancel it alworks fine

1. Extract Nero using administrative install switches

2. Then goto "Redist" folder

3. Then Config folder and you will find the "conf.txt" file

Thats the very file you want and remove features you dont want to.

So how does it work?

If you launch the installation, the features u chose not to install, will not be available

i openened in winrar and altered config

I used this method on my Nero Nero-7.7.5.1. Everything worked fine and it didn't reboot my computer

but i get an error message pop up

unable to register c:programfiles\commonfiles\Ahead\Nero3DMenuEffects.dllErrorcode-2147024713

canot create a file when that file already exsists

error = 183

Facility =7

this is on a new virtual drive

if i click the only box cancel it alworks fine

Look here other method to install using autoit far easier :rolleyes:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=20197&view=findpost&p=664489