Which part of motherboard to cool?

roger04

70955el.th.jpg

That's just a pic of my mobo. Is it the heatsink below the CPU that needs the most cooling on the mobo?

Got another question. Can I remove the case fan from the power suply box and move it towards another mounting spot just right below the PSU? Will the PSU burn like that or something?

Alright. Thanks.

i would leave psu fan alone as they get quite hot, AGP cards get hot but if its a half decent card then it should have a pretty good fan on it, i would concentrate on around agp and the cpu area, at rear of case theres normally quite big vents where fans sit to take heat away from cpu/board etc, if theres non there then i suggest getting some, cheers

Bigger Image

Here is a bigger image for those hard of seeing :lol:

But yeah, the northbridge... It requires cooling, but I only use passive cooling for my NB... But to be on a very safe side.. I'd cut up a blocked heatsink and place it on the mosfets...

Mosfets are the 4 small (don't get confused with the big 2) chips on the left of the cpu... between the cpu and the parallel port :)

Hope this helps :thumbup

Thanks DEADsoldier :lol:

I wish the cpu would be placed rotated 90 degrees to the right. Then air flow would be blown to the heatsink below as well. I touched that head sink. It's very hot.. Anyway, what's below that heatsink?

Anyway, can I touch the mosfets to see if it's hot and requires cooling?