Ad-Aware SE Help

For some reason I cannot update my ad-aware to the most current version. I'm stuck on Ad-Aware SE Personal Build 1.06r1 and cannot upgraded to 1.06. Tried installing over the current version first, info said the same version. I then unistalled completly, restarted, then reinstalled, still said Build 1.06r1. I uninstalled again, then searched and cleared everything from the registry left that said lavasoft or ad-aware, rebooted, reinstalled again and still the same thing. Any ideas????

Agree with the rock about Microsoft AntiSpyware and SpyBot S&D

I also use those programs.

as a matter of fact you may care to know that I installed M$ Antispy ware a while back and had to rebuild my pc this weekend - fried psu and mobo - different story.

anyways I tried to run M$ antispyware and when tried it said that this version was now out of date.

so I went to M$ site and downloaded the latest version - just to be safe.

not sure if it did install any later version or what but worth mentioning.

also use spyware blaster - another good to have tool for those sickos out there

:wacko:

Several similar reports on other fora of inability of downloading updates through check for updates. The problem lies at their end. You can manually download updates from

http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

Extract the defs.ref file from the downloaded zip file and place it in your Adaware folder (click yes to replace the old one). The defs.ref files are cumulative, i.e. the latest one includes all previous ones.

I know how to manaully import the defs file, thats not a problem. I can connect and get updates just fine. And every time I couldn't, it was on my end as a firewall issue, not on their end. I thought I wasn't using the most current release of the app itself as the r1 wouldn't go away, not the defs.