iTunes 5, Localized with no quicktime...

seapagan

I've just this second up'ed a batch based install, would have been up before all this came about but the electrican wanted all the power off. GGrrrrrrrrr

Does this .MST file just stop the service or does remove it completely. I prefer the batch method as it still installs the service, but sets it to disable so at least ppl can still use the service if they need it.

I'll create a 3rd installer with the transform and up that in a bit.

For the silent batch based, non-bonjour running installer go here.

For the silent installer with bonjour running as normal go here.

@rikgale:

This mst just changes the installer so that it still installs the service, but defaults it to disabled instead of auto, same as your batch.

Thanks for the installers :)

edit :

@evilvoice:

Thanks for that, I'll change the link on the main page. Downloading now, for my own use also. Now .... get to sleep! :lol:

Think I may try to make my own 'alternative' install of QT, after all I have learned about the files. There is a lot there that I dont need. Another days project :)

SP

Edited by seapagan

@seapagan

Ok cool. So it does the same thing!

I'm up'ing a silent installer with the transform in. If someone could test it I'd be greatful. I've lost count of the number of times I run a full-install on VMWare today, I could do with not seeing XP install again for couple of hours :P:blink::whistle:

The silent, transform based, non-bonjour running, untested installer can be found here.

Now you can pick which installer to add to the front page. I suggest the one the run bonjour as defualt and one of the non-bonjour installers, then ppl get a choice. :)

Thanks rikgale :D

I'll do that now. I know the feeling - If I never see the itunes or QT install screens again, it will be too soon!!

I'll put up a link to your first (including bonjour) installer, and one to the latest transform-based one.

Hmm, if I never have to edit that first post again I will be happy too! :lol:

SP

You wait until they release iTunes 5.1........... :lol:

Well with my installers hopefully you'll never see the screens anyway. I just have to wait until they release K-lite Mega Codec Pack 1.38 with the updated QT codecs in and then I can trash my install and start again, that's always the ulitimate test.

ok, yea, i noticed the installer didnt work...well, i did finally get it all extracted and it working...it only save 2mb, but i will offer it up if someone wants it. Im looking at combining the itunes and quicktime into a silent installer and would also offer that package also. (some things will be combined...this is really only for those who dont use qta [like me]).

@evilvoice:

Yeah, I spotted that a few days ago, and changed the main page just b4 my adsl line died :( . I compared yours to my version and it seems that your 'quicktime.qtp' was corrupt, it was only 48k. I got a working version about the same size as yours (using an administrative install after I removed the languages), I'll upload it in a bit. I've also just about completed writing up the method to remove all these languages, I'll post it soon. Worked out a way to do it quite easily, better than my original method.

Mind you, having no internet for a few days was very productive - started working on a programming project that I've been meaning to take on for quite a while now, and almost finished it :)

SP

using either itunes installer, i keep getting an error that says the registry settings for burning cds and dvds is missing. Please reinstall iTunes...if I click anything (like Next or Cancel), it never shows up again...but does anyone have a fix for this? Tested it after reboot, same error.

Edited by evilvoice

Hmm. That normally only happens if the program was installed by running the msi directly, without using the setup program. Does this happen with the files in the rar also, or just the silent ones? I have not tried the silent ones personally.

SP

I'll download the rar myself again, try it out. I've just reinstalled XP on one computer, so I'll try to install on there and see what happens.

The rar file has been downloaded over 40 times from rapidshare and about te same from my server - anyone else have any problems? if so, please post!

SP

Just tested it, clean system with QT7 (official) previously installed, and no problems. Ran it using the iTunesSetup.exe, with the killbonjour transform specified.

Working great - just adding all my library again (40gig worth ... gah, time to get a bigger iPod!)

So, not sure why it is not working for you evilvoice. You definately 100% used the iTunesSetup.exe and didnt run the msi directly? Is this on an installed system, or during an unattended unstall?

SP