DVD compression

dirtwarrior

I have been burning dvd's for some time now, mostly avi files. I am familar with "any dvd" which is a great piece of software. Nero is good for copying or making dvd's(good not great) The new dvd's are larger than my media I have so my question is What is the easiest to use and gives the best quality playable compression utility for squeezing the larger video files onto a single layer media.

Any and all comments are valued. Positive and negative comments also about software.

The only problem with DVDShrink is that it hasn't been updated in about a year which means that it does encounter problems with some DVDs.

Even though the website for anydvd says it is no more, doesn't mean the project is dead. The author of the program is looking for hosting:

]Bonkers[

Edited by ]Bonkers[

Why don't you check out dvd rebuilder?

Download here: h**p://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/DVD-RBv094FreeUO.zip

It's all free - does a good job on retaining most of the original dvd quality - has it's own forum - what more can one want ...

Read about it here:

h**p://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Hope it catches your interest - I know I've liked it since it first appeared.

techniquefreak

I checked out this software SWEET I may contribute and get pro version. I didnt see where it would compress video files enough to put it on a single layer dvd though. I did see where it would take out errounous material.

I think this is very cool plus it has links and downloads for other stuff needed for dvd's. thanks for the link

@dirtwarrior -

You're welcome :)

I myself donated and got the Pro version and I like it a lot. But it's free to get the non-pro version to try it out to see whether it works out well for you.

Regarding the compression there is a guide available here:

h**p://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdrb.htm

- regards

- Jacob.

@ripken204 -

Read the guide I posted a link to - DVD-RB does that too, automatically - and is a hell of a lot newer - and still in development :D

There's also a lot of discussion going on about DVD-RB in the dedicated forum:

h**p://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Edited by techniquefreak