Request: Xpize 4 With NO Restore Point

sadicq

:hello:

I've posted something similar, but the topic was closed. :huh:

So I post here again: it would be great to have a Xpize without restore point creation (I mean not selected "Create restore point" by default).

The /S switch works cool, but that error is very annoying!! (BTW no need for restore, system restore being disabled).

@XPero, if you can modify the installer of version 4, not the latest or anything like that, just that installer with this minor modification (and UXtheme Patch unchecked, if you are so kind, so now there are 2), I beg you to do it....

And yet another error which I could not track down: sometimes I get an error "CannotSaveToBmp" -> mce.bmp is created, but it is empty or corrupted.

Anyway that happens only sometimes.

ummm. just wondering why you would be using the installer with the /S switch anyway. if your trying to install XPize silently with an UACD then there is no need. you can directly integrate all the files into the cd.

I didn't think you could integrate XPize 4.0 (which is different to XPize uAE 2.0 by alot!)

That's why i'm going to use a AutoIt script to install XPize unattended so i can untick/tick the correct options for me.

Be cool if we could just pile up a bunch of switches on the executable, make things very simple then :)

/s /norestore /nopatchuxtheme /extraswallpaper etc think you get the idea

Sorry, but I have to keep system restore point creation. As you may know, not all users are "advanced", so it is always good to know that if you have messed up your system, you can go back to previous settings. Also the idea of uAE was to make things easier for unattended community (no extras, easy silent installation, integration...). Anyway, I will release, as planned, both versions with current features. Then, I will study the possibility of unify both packages in one with advanced switches support, but this will take its time and not sure it will be released someday. I have other different projects in mind after XPize and want to take a long breath of it :)

I really believe there is a need to disable the restore thing. How the hell do I put my royal theme into my xpcd, if I get a stupid error with sys restore, I always disable the restore, would it be so hard to have a switch or default off ? How stupid can the users be ? Maybe leave it as is but with some extra switches? Please ?!

Edited by xtremexxx

why dont u just install xpize 4 onto ur xp system and then take the installed files and just makecab them and put them into ur Xp cd Source. thats what ive been doing al i like to customize abit further and ive not had any problems.

I really believe there is a need to disable the restore thing. How the hell do I put my royal theme into my xpcd, if I get a stupid error with sys restore, I always disable the restore, would it be so hard to have a switch or default off ? How stupid can the users be ? Maybe leave it as is but with some extra switches? Please ?!

Use uAE and integrate VS and whatever using this guide.

why dont u just install xpize 4 onto ur xp system and then take the installed files and just makecab them and put them into ur Xp cd Source. thats what ive been doing al i like to customize abit further and ive not had any problems.

Not needed. Use uAE integration feature (compatible with nLite)