Strange problem when writing CD

amorf

Hi guys i have a weird problem ..

I have 2 Cd recorders fully working and one dvd recorder on 3 pcs

I use nero to write cd's and dvd's and my operating system is win98 patched with tha amazing service pack and the GREAT usb mass storage device support provided by the guys from the forum..

Now my problem sounds like this.When i write a cd in nero and it is burned..when nero says that the cd is written..i can;t see the contains od the cd on my computer..Only if i restart my pc i can view what i have written on the cd..those cd's are multisession by the way..

If i take the newly written cd to another pc with 98 it works ok..

but on the pc that iwrote it i can't with it's contents unless i restart..

Any help guys ? any ideas...?? it's a littel it anoying you know

Thanks in advance

I can't really help either but what if you take the CD out, put another one in, read something on it and then put again the one you just burned. Can you read it now ?

If yes, it could be there is some sort of cache that does not get flushed maybe because you don't label your CD and Windows believe it is the same as before it was burned.

Or just try refreshing 'my computer' with the disk out. I've had PCFormat DVDs come up with the menu from a previous disc, even after a restart.

Can you not right click on the drive and select which volume to access.

i was thinking this, but also, "nah that's too obvious"

mitsubishi is right, a lot of the time you need to refresh (F5) "My Computer"

Edited by miko

Or just try refreshing 'my computer' with the disk out. I've had PCFormat DVDs come up with the menu from a previous disc, even after a restart.

Can you not right click on the drive and select which volume to access.

i was thinking this, but also, "nah that's too obvious"

mitsubishi is right, a lot of the time you need to refresh (F5) "My Computer"

:unsure: Heh it's nothing really serious..but i am so stuborn that i must with your help figure it out !!!

I would like to say that i can;t close the sessions..the cd has to be open..

As you suggested above i refreshed the my computer view..by pressing the button for more than 2 minutes :whistle::whistle: and insert the cd in..

**** it.. still the same..Says the cd is empty..

If i restart it's ok .. Maybe it is a nero problem ..i don;t know how nero can affect the windows but..maybe ?? How this can happen on 3 different pc's with different hardware but win98 installed.. So maybe there is a fix for this ? any updates ??

Many thanks for you help guys !!