XPCREATE 18 AUG 2005

GreenMachine

Geez, with such a compliment, there must a request coming !

Just kidding ... and yes, I am a perfectionist. Every option has it's advantages and disadvantages. Most of the other choices are either faster, more compact, or allow easy modification of Microsoft code. Me, I've got a DVD burner, I like to have time for a beer or two during the install, and shoot for that 100% Microsoft acceptable installation. That is not to try and belittle any of the other efforts, they are all good in their own right.

Thanks for getting pack to me. (The old version was OK for XP, but did not pick up the right Windows 2003 SP1 files.)

so did you merge the two version of XPCREATE? or just base this off the freeware one?

Guess what i'm getting at...does this still do flash and download the updates for you? :P

Good to see you finally back, atleast for awhile...

Hello,

AUG 18 version did not work. (did not start)

AUG 20 version also did not work on JPN OS.

I'm tring to slove this problem. There are some errors that I've never seen.

EDIT

I made a patch for Japanese.

Pls see XPCREATE Aug20 for Japane and other Asian people

EDIT

The file was removed, sorry

Edited by Tinywoods

Thanks, Tinywoods, but please se my post in answer to your post. I would really prefer if you let ME publish fixes and patches ... If there is a problem, post the LOGFILES.CAB, and perhaps screen shots an a detailed description of the problem.

Thanks again,

GreenMachine

so did you merge the two version of XPCREATE? or just base this off the freeware one?

Guess what i'm getting at...does this still do flash and download the updates for you? :P

Good to see you finally back, atleast for awhile...

Didn't see you there, Alanoll! Thanks for covering for me! No, I did not "merge" them. Nor have I had a chance to update the download lists. You can, however, use the old plugins with the new verson.

@Greenmachine,

I saw the new version and downloaded it. Started from beginning and downloaded everything from the xpcreate website. However there are 2 links pointing to the wrong files. If i move the mouse over the HTMCDWizard_enu.exe it downloads the KB890830 hotfix and when moved over the Media player setup file, it points to the WMCSETUP.EXE

Also the setup.exe at the end of the WXPSP2 list is pointing to the dotnetfx.exe.

I will download from Microsoft and let you know if I find more.

Greetings,

The Bitfrotter

Edited by Bitfrotter

Hay, welcome back GM had me worried there........

This is my 1st time tring it with xphome 4 updates are not working..

KB885836, KB890046, KB890830, KB898461

I have them in the right place as shown on your web site but WU asked me to install them. :}

also is there a way to stop xphome from using owner as an account name? I put a makeuser.cmd in SVC-EXE but the acount was not made either.

edit..

also mp10 .net and highmat did not install.

edit...

forgot one the kb892130 did not work either

Edited by BaTLeZone

@BaTLeZone: Sounds odd that there should be so much trouble for Windows 2000. I will not be able to look into it until some time in September, but I am guessing that it is something simple that craps out early on. Perhaps I have trouble with a hotfix or rollup.

@Bitfrotter: Thanks for pointing out the typos. As you may have guessed, those lists are generated, not hand typed. I'll have to look into the generator. In any event, the lists themselves seem to be accurate, even if the links are not.

@GM

That was for XPHOME. I have not tried it with 2000 yet. I can though if you want but I need to know were to put stuff you have not updated your web site for 2000 yet I was waiting untill you did that.

This is the 1st time I used XPHOME with your utillity I attached the log file for you.

Edited by BaTLeZone

I tryed XPPRO and all is well exept wmcontent which was my fault forgot to put it in.

:thumbup

there was one minor glich but did not affect install... I just turned it off for now

-- 14:27:46 --> Add list of New Files to [Files] in DOSNET.INF.
-- 14:27:47 --> Checking sub-directories.
-- 14:27:47 --> RoyalBox's SVCPACK.INF Creator
-- 14:27:48 --> Update WINNT.SIF with OEM Drivers Path.
File Not Found
The system cannot find the file XPCTPATH.TXT.
-- 14:27:49 --> WINNT.SIF Updated:
-- 14:27:49 --> Update uncompressed versions.
-- 14:27:49 --> telnet.exe Found in both WORKDIR and I386.
-- 14:27:50 --> Compressing all the hotfix Files.
-- 14:28:56 --> Put all the files for the CD together
-- 14:30:11 --> Create an ISO image

All Done Press Enter.

here the log file just incase you need it.

Edited by BaTLeZone

A glitch indeed ... It seems that DOPATH=YES is in XPCREATE.INI, but XPCREATE does not find any driver directories to add to the OEMPnPDriversPath line in WINNT.SIF. Should not effect the install, but it WILL be cleaned up in the next release. Thanks for pointing it out!

Without meaning to nag ... please attach LOGFILES.CAB, not a RARed file, as I can always open CABs, but am not always on a box that has an RAR extractor.