will ddr2100 conflict with ddr2700

trickytwista

hey guy just a quick question , i just built a new pc up but i notice that i have 2 sticks of memory, 1 is ddr2100 and other is ddr2700, question is will they conflict with each other or will there be a performance loss at all? i fitted them in pc and bios recognised them both in together fine and says its reading them at 266mhx whatever that means....hope u understand what im asking....lol.. thanks guys or would putting the 512mb ddr2100 in pc on its own be wise

If he cant run in dual channel mode it wont be because of the speed difference.  Again, you would simply have to run all the RAM at the speed of the slowest module.

if he cant run in dual channel mode it may be because of the speed difference. for dual channel it is highly recommended to have 2 identical sticks of ram but it is not needed. it is also highly recommended to have 2 sticks with the same timings and/or the same speed. you should be able to run in dual channel, its just bad luck if u cant and if u cant then its one of the reasons i stated.

YES there is performance loss but only in the 2709 stick, it will have to run at 2100 speed. thats it

PC2709? that's a new one... :P

But to get back on topic, it's usually easier to get Dual Channel working if you've got two sticks of the same RAM.

Strangely enough... I'm running dual channel on 2x256 (PC2700), 1x512 (PC3200). I'm trying to get it all to work at PC2700 speeds, but I keep getting bluescreens... :realmad: I'm guessing that it's the craptastic (and free) sticks of PC2700. But... I'd rather have 1GB of RAM at PC2100 than 512MB at PC2700.