Cant install XP home on HP PC

Bad boy Warrior

Anyone know whats going on here.......

im trying to install XP home on a HP PCwhich has a recovery disk.

i insert the floppy disk and it starts to run, it comes to a point where it says:

Extracting BIOSLOCK.EXE to C:\BIOSLOCK.EXE
Uncompressing 41408 bytes ok
     1 files(s)

This computer has no valid information

and i cant go past this - could someone tell me why please and how to resolve it?

Thanks

becuase its a recovery cd i have to put the floppy in first which then loads the CD rom contents to install the system. If i insert the CD then try to boot it does nothing (ive checked my boot settings)

thanks

p.s. yes the CD came with the hardware

must be something hp is doing to make sure everything is propietary hmmmm this sounds interesting. In the past I was able to load OS without floppies but boot off cd with HP interesting but must be vary frustrating to you.

I will look further into this but I am sure there is a work around for this.

I know you dont want to here this but This is 1 reason I dont use off-the-shelf puters. I like to choose the componants right for me,not for a company choose what is right for me, plus to upgrade or repair you must use propietary hardware/software.

I am sure we can find a work around for this. It is is the CMOS/Bios it has some lock on it. If I suggest something at this point and it messes up your puter you will be very p***ed at me plus it may void your warrentity. Maybe someone more knowledgable can help.

This will also help me as I repair computers and many I get people forget how important the restore disk is and either misplace them or destroy them. This is how I know how to do it on the older HP.

Good luck and I will be standing by because this is something I need to know.

had a funny thing happen with my HP at work; it had XP home preinstalled, which i got entirely sick of, so i dumped the entire drive, including HP's back-up partition, and installed XP pro. after doing that the on-board sound card didn't work, nor could i ever get it to work. i slapped in another card i had lying around. point is, i can't stand any OEM box. they use the absolute crappiest hardware they possibly can to get the job done and they're nothing but a hindrance for the hard core tweakers. i guess i was lucky to even get another OS installed :)