Duct Tape And Plastic

techguy21801

this is very funny to me, the us govt issued a list of items to go and buy on that list duct tape and heavy plastic. for the prevention of biological and chemical warfare......are they are crack, like that's gonna do a whole hell of a lot of good. maybe they should tel everyone to go buy gas masks and chemical suits at the local surplus store. i'm gonna go stock up on beer, and it does hit oh well s*** happens. :)

heh i watched that on the news yesterday, loads of dumbasses in wallmart buying bottles of water and duct tape etc.

buying a chemical suit is a waste of your money. For a start the cheap ones they sell at surplus arent going to protect you, they are for low grade hazards, they are also usually past their use by date.

Last of all but not least, if a chemical attack happened then you wouldnt have time to get the suit on. "hmm whats that smell.." boof your dead. many chemical agents are colorless and odorless. remember the attack on the tokyo subway?

its as dumb as the people who paid millions of bux for radiation shelters during the cold war.

"hmm whats that smell.." boof your dead.

i bet I would have enough time to grab me a smoke, beer and lay the woman over the table for a quickie! w00t w00t w00t :):rolleyes:

hmm.. 30 seconds to grab a smoke, 30 seconds to grab a beer.. so yeah, a minute and a half sounds about right.

"hmm whats that smell.." boof your dead.

i bet I would have enough time to grab me a smoke, beer and lay the woman over the table for a quickie! w00t w00t w00t :D:D

hmm.. 30 seconds to grab a smoke, 30 seconds to grab a beer.. so yeah, a minute and a half sounds about right.

:):rolleyes::D

I heard some poison gas expert on MSNBC news say that even all taped up eventually 10% of the gas could get through and that the real issues were identifying the gas and having an antidote ready.You can slow it down but there is something gonna get in there.The hospitals are not even close to being ready.Saadam has used this stuff on the Kurds with devestating success.I'd say inner cities better look into some prevention like the Israelis have done.Like someone previously said Terrorism is not going away anytime soon.

I was the one that said terrorism isn't going to go away anytime soon. But by saying that, I'm not saying that we're at CONSTANT threat of a terrorist attack. Sure, it could happen at any time, but should we constantly live our life in fear? Anytime you enter your car and get out onto the road, you are at risk of getting into a car accident. Does that mean you should stop driving your car? Every time you get near cigarette smoke and inhale, you're at risk to eventually develop lung cancer. Are you going to avoid all places where you might encounter smoke? Live your life the way you lived it pre-9/11. Despite what the media says, we're still living in the same world.

As far as duct tape and people shopping at WalMart for that s***...just look at the kind of people who actually shop at Wal-Mart. I wouldn't pass them to be stocking up on that stuff...let's just say they're not the sharpest tools in the shed. :) And the ducttape/plastic thing is about as protective as getting under your desk in case of a nuclear attack.

As far as protection goes, give me a gas mask and a gun and I'll be happy.

a gas mask wont protect you against agents such as mustard or Vx as they blister the skin and get in that way.

all you need to fend off anthrax is a surgical mask.

against a cyanide attack then a very tight fitting mask with a BRAND NEW filter in it might save your life, depending on what kind of filter it is.