System:

AXP2600+

512 ram

ATI 9700 Pro

Pixel Shader 1.4 and Vertex Shader 1.1 forced:

3648 3DMarks

Pixel Shader 1.1 and Vertex Shader 1.1 forced:

3189 3DMarks

With those shaders forced, game test 4 won't run and provides an interesting comparison between the shader versions. Further testing is needed on the 9700, and the 8500 and 9000 results should tell a lot more of the story.

gains about 400-500 points in that test

btw someone has a made a game test 4 video http://www.pcextreme.net/Futuremark/3dmark...ark03-DX9lq.wmv

pretty sweet looking cant wait to get an r350 and see it in action as i get 6000+ points in a few months :).

i get 1200 atm with my crap system gonna do some more tweaking and overclocking i reckon i can squeeze 1400 out of this pos

yer tris :@

u was barely infront of my 2001 score or was u behind? i know i could close the gap if i really tried :rolleyes: dont make me do it lol.

forcing pixel shader 1.1 on radeons makes them do better than there default ps 1.4 ,but it crashs at the troll test for some reason ,i noticed a 2fps increase on the second game test though from avg 7fps to avg 10.

after my pc crashed and windows did scan disk at startup i had 222mb of crosslinked chains :) hope it was only 3dmark that borked on my harddisk

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't downloaded it yet. Just ordered another 512Mb of PC2700 and a ATI 9700 Pro which should be in by Tuesday..

Heres what I'm currently running:

Athlon XP2000+

Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum MB

1GB PC2700 DDR

Geforce-3 Ti200 pro 128Mb

120 Gb Western Digital HD

I'll download the 3dMark03 today so I can run it on the current system before I put the extra memory and new Video card in. Kinda curious to see what the differance will be.....

Installed my 9700 pro this morning and ran 3Dmark with out changing anything on the card.

2979 ! ...... w00t Pretty good improvement from 1155 with the Ti200 pro.

I plan on playing around with it this weekend to see how much better I can get it. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

well i got some new gear last week, so my scores improved some what...

3dmark03

and

2k1se

the thing that surprised me most.. searched the orb for all cpus between 1900 and 2100mhz, with a ti4400, all os... the top score is mine w00t

edit

i guess there are some higher for 2k1se... somewhere around 149xx, but the orb is being funky right now. everytime i search 2k1 projects, it shows me 03 projects.

Remember my Riva TNT post? Well a friend gave me a ATI 8500. What is weird is the fact that I have the slowest processor but the best score (counting p4's from 1581-2200Mhz) I'm wondering why? My P4 runs at 1614Mhz - My score is 1418

http://service.futuremark.com/servlet/Inde...b/projectsearch

Compare URL: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=426649