Category check boxes

Thanks, this has been a real puzzler. I'm currently trying to adapt the function to toggle between "All" or "Default" states. The present All/None is OK but less desirable, I think.

I was hoping you would say that. I have sent a PM to the original designer of the function to see if he can help adapt it. I have tried my best, but have it functioning correctly only for the first category. Bizarre results appear when used in any other categories and I can't for the life of me wrap my mind around it: the results are different for each and every category, and in no apparent pattern.

Truthfully, this will come in handy for only one of my categories. It is a long one I call "Geek Tools," about 14 apps, and only two are selected by default. So when I install for a "geek" who craves the apps, I have to check about 10-12 boxes. But with the category selector I can give it a click and then deselect one or two apps, much easier. And users can always click "default" to set the whole thing back to the original selections.

So I am going to stand down on this for now, pursue other things here at home.

Was it worth it? Heck yeah! :P