Icons for tooltips

The new versions support icons in the tooltips. I downloaded the WPI Take 3 by blinkdt and saw, that he had very many of these icons in 128*128 pixel. Does someone know, where I can get those icons from? And how can I convert the icons of exe files to an jpg or png picture? Are there any programs out there? Perhaps we can even have an icon pool, to which everybody can add his icons. :thumbup

The new versions support icons in the tooltips. I downloaded the WPI Take 3 by blinkdt and saw, that he had very many of these icons in 128*128 pixel. Does someone know, where I can get those icons from? And how can I convert the icons of exe files to an jpg or png picture? Are there any programs out there? Perhaps we can even have an icon pool, to which everybody can add his icons.  :thumbup

we get them from http://www.wincustomize.com/ in the desktop object section

if you want to make them seem transparent, then i suggest simply making your tool tip back ground white and then on some of the images open them up in psp and add the white bg to them as another layer

Edited by Lost Soul

OK. I did a lot of searches at wincustomize.com !

And nearly all my programlist is ready, but has anyone got an idea, which symbol I can take for Cleaning up the install and reboot the computer? And a symbol for applying my RegTweaks, disabling GamePort in Device Manager and setting up my BootScreen?

Then, it's perfect :D

Edited by Dynaletik

OK. I did a lot of searches at wincustomize.com !

And nearly all my programlist is ready, but has anyone got an idea, which symbol I can take for Cleaning up the install and reboot the computer? And a symbol for applying my RegTweaks, disabling GamePort in Device Manager and setting up my BootScreen?

Then, it's perfect  :D

btw earlier i meant to say ObjectDock

hmm thats a tough question what i do is just find a good substitute for the programs icon,, i guess it falls on what you like most, here s afew ideals for what you want,,

boot screen

http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...D=6957&LibID=29

RegTweaks

http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...D=5367&LibID=29

GamePort in Device Manager

http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...D=6635&LibID=29

Cleaning up

http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...D=7198&LibID=29

Edited by Lost Soul

Yeah, the results of your search will depend entirely upon the search terms, go figure. And some of the search terms you might choose produce some surprising results. For example, a search for "ports" led me to a great series of EA Sports icons I did not know existed and would never have thought to look for. Cool.

In your case, "accessories" and "system" will pull up two examples of a hard drive being brushed off, a la Disk Cleanup. "System Tweaks" by DockZone contains the classic 'restart' symbol, and so on. How much do you looooove your WPI? The amount of time you are willing to spend at WinCustomize (and it sounds like you've spent a LOT of time there already) correlates directly. :P

How much do you looooove your WPI?

I use WPI since a version between 2.0B and 2.93 (it isn't listed in the changelog :no:). I just think, that the icon stuff in WPI looks totally cool. :P And so I try to have an icon for every app. But I don't have an programlist that is as long as some members lists with 200+ entries. I just got 37 entries.

And thanks for the links. Seems as if wincustomize isn't online atm but I will try later, after I have updated the WPI of my MultiSystem-DVD.

I use WPI since a version between 2.0B and 2.93

That's a lot of love. :P I'm still using one of the 2.x versions, haven't worked up the guts to move ahead but I may take the plunge with one of these latest releases.

wpi wil support just about any image file you throw at it, jpg, gif, png, bmp, try putting the files in a image folder inside wpi and calling them like this

./graphics/5spot.jpg

name the folder graphics or images or what ever you like and it will work ,, if you have trouble just post back

is that 'dot' supposed to be there at the beginning of the location of pic file?

anyways, tried both with and w/out 'dot' and it still won't work

i get the old 'x' mark box

Edited by larciel

is that 'dot' supposed to be there at the beginning of the location of pic file?

anyways, tried both with and w/out 'dot' and it still won't work

i get the old 'x' mark box

yes the dot goes there can you attach your config.js file and give me an exact address of the location of where your holding your image files meaning C:\ where ever, id like to know where exatly your putting your image folder at on your hd

and that should help me pin point where its going wrong at

and also the X represents that the address your using to call to the image isnt fully correct,, but then again that may not be true but im sure it is,, so pls attach the file the i asked and i can help you better