Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Viper999

Try redoing a fresh nlited integration and, then, iso; ran into this a couple of times and the redo all solved it for me; suspect file corruption.

Well I already upgraded to the 11.03 bios a couple weeks ago. I did use the 3.85 raid drivers integrated with the nlite package on my a8n32-sli deluxe and everything is working fine. My Local Area Connection is fine and I've monitored my system performance, and so far have had zero problems at all.

Fantastic-details please-no Local Area Connection 2, no BIOS checksum error message after flash or did you enable nforce RAID after setting defaults before flashing......?

Hi Fernando 1

"What I do not understand is the relationship between the nForce SataRaid drivers and the Local Area Connection. I cannot believe, that this has something to do with the method how you integrate the SataRaid drivers (F6 or by using nLite)."

Just finshed a fresh install last night using the Legacy and all else as usual-Ethernet, SMBus, sfc disabled-all my normal removals, tweaks etc.; but no video drivers-install them after setup to get all the driver features.

It is good-no Local Area Connection 2 etc.

Update; s..t, the twin bugs are back:

I just burned a bootable DVD+RW nlite 1.0rc7 with Nero 7.0.8.2 in my Plextor 716A and the LG-4163B will not read it-system log flags error=CDROM has a bad block, popup dialogue after my system hangs for 3 minutes or so while the LG tries to read the disc=invalid function; the freeze ends at this time. Meanwhile if I insert the disc into the Plextor 716A=no worries, it loads and reads it immediately.

Upon trying to boot the DVD+RW I get the error=line 1 of the inf file\i386\txtsetup.sif is invalid setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

The boot problem with bootable DVD has been there off and on since A8N32-SLI Deluxe-no rhyme or reason to it. The DVD-RW reading concern is new to this install after disappearing over the last 5 or so.

Bootable CD-RW 700mb are no problem-they work fine.....so basically I'm f...ed if I can figure this one out; and am definitely frustrated. All of the nonbootable DVD+RW I've created read in both DVDROMs; irregardless which one was used to burn it. If I replace nlite's makeiso with cdimage then the bootable DVD's work fine-but I hate that cdimage because it dates all to 2002-including all the folders/files in your finished installation-WINDOWS, system32 etc.

No relevant info on the net that I can find so must be peculiar to my setup only; go figure!!!

Catch ya' later

March 13-upd.

Fully nlited a bootable 685mb CD-RW using the modified 6.85 sataraid, but, with one exception-did not again integrate Catalyst drivers-installed them at the end of setup-I now use 2 CDROM installation discs with 3 cmd files. All of the above is fixed; no Local Area Connection 2, DVD bootable still gives the same error but, read concerns etc. gone. Everything is working better than it ever has at 16kb stripe; I'm beginning to consider the Catalyst 6.3 integration as the primary source of my ills; integrate=problems, no integrate=no problems. Perhaps, like Creative, these should no longer be integrated. I've replaced my DVD cables as I received an error report in the system logs relating to this as the usual cause of that error-will use a while and report.

Check this out: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=70&t=69587

This 4G barrier could be the problem for my bootable DVD's-I'm at 4.2G; cdimage puts the i386 directory at the front of the disc and, apparently, this is what allows it to succed for discs above 4G. man!!!!

Final Update on this post, March 15,

One intermittently faulty ATAPI cable was the reason for all my DVD+RW read errors and nonbootable compilation errors-replaced both cables; I use two DVD-RW's, and all is well. The bootable DVD+RW error is due to the 4G limit discussed above. I reduced the size from 4.2G to 4.01G, created with nlite1.0rc7 and burned a bootable DVD+RW-the disc booted/operated perfectly=solved.

fernando1's guide is the best way to integrate nforce4 RAID on the A8N32-SLI Deluxe; after trying several variants of integration the guide works best; yields the most stable install.

Later, Rick

Edited by RickSteele

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Fernando 1 for this guide. However, I am a little puzzled. I have been struggling with Windows XP install onto an nf4 mobo and the F6 floppy route for the Nvidia drivers. My troubles (described in this post in detail (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47592) relate to how only older nvidia drivers worked. The 6.6 and 6.7 nv sata raid drivers resulted in an endless reboot cycle.

A reader on that board suggested that slipstreaming was flawless for him and in fact referred me here. Why would slipstreaming solve a problem with what appears to be a driver issue?

Also, this fellow is talking about the bus and the network driver conflicting (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46714&highlight=microsoft+engineer)

Is this what you have been discussing in the previous few posts?

Please forgive me if you think this is irrelevant and I will post a new message for this issue.

One intermittently faulty ATAPI cable was the reason for all my DVD+RW read errors and nonbootable compilation errors-replaced both cables; I use two DVD-RW's, and all is well. The bootable DVD+RW error is due to the 4G limit discussed above. I reduced the size from 4.2G to 4.01G, created with nlite1.0rc7 and burned a bootable DVD+RW-the disc booted/operated perfectly=solved.

fernando1's guide is the best way to integrate nforce4 RAID on the A8N32-SLI Deluxe; after trying several variants of integration the guide works best; yields the most stable install.

Congratulations, Rick, that you found at least the reason for your oroblems. Other people had already given up a while ago, but you tested it again and again until your search was successfull. It seems to me, that we are like twins.
I have been struggling with Windows XP install onto an nf4 mobo and the F6 floppy route for the Nvidia drivers. My troubles (described in this post in detail (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47592) relate to how only older nvidia drivers worked. The 6.6 and 6.7 nv sata raid drivers resulted in an endless reboot cycle.

A reader on that board suggested that slipstreaming was flawless for him and in fact referred me here. Why would slipstreaming solve a problem with what appears to be a driver issue?

At first I have 2 questions:

1. Did you read my first post of this thread? There is the answer.

2. Do you have an nForce4 board (as you have written in this post) or an nForce3 board (as your signature in DFI-Street forum says)?

The problem, that the XP setup installs the wrong MS IDE bus drivers instead of the correct new nForce Sata drivers (off the packages 6.66 and higher) during the GUIMODE part of the installation, is not solved by just slipstreaming the nForce drivers, but by the combination of slipstreaming and modification of the MS IDE drivers done automaticly by nLite.

Also, this fellow is talking about the bus and the network driver conflicting (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46714&highlight=microsoft+engineer)

Is this what you have been discussing in the previous few posts?

No, the last posts had nothing to do with your linked thread.

please forgive me for not reading and UNDERSTANDING what your first post said. After reading the next 52 pages (instead of cutting to the last post) i realized the havoc that the new nvidia folder structure creates for the new windows xp install. And how the integration of the various files from legacy and sataraid,etc. folders works to get around and solve the problem. Yes I am building an nf4 system and this is how I came across the current problem. I will update my sig when complete.

I also noticed in the first post you explicitly mention the legacy folder but in the actual text of the thread you started by suggesting files be pulled out of the pataraid folder. i guess at some point it was discovered that the legacy folder has what's needed. (somewhere around the end of the page 20s)

thank you for your fine work as it enabled a quick install. along with auto patcher, winxp install is a breeze.

What happens when nvidia comes out with an upgraded nforce driver set? does the installation overwrite these older files? does the raid array use the new sata drivers?

Edited by bwana

Hi im newish here and i need a hand concerning slipstreaming raid drivers into a sp2 xp.

i followed ferdinands guide and selected the "legacy" folder to be incorperated into the disk, i then burnt teh iso created all seemed fine, but when running the install when it goes to start windows (bit were u choose hdd etc) it hangs keyboard flashes then nothng. I guess this could be me not doing the slipstream right as this the first time ive done it.

This has all come about because even with F6 floppy (new DFI one) i still cant install Xp either on Raid or SATA and this is my last ditch hope before i RMA this mobo.

im trying to install on to 2 raptor hdd on raid-0 and have been trying to get my rig working for the past 3 weeks. could any1 help me please.

My pc

146 amd opteron

Dfi- ultra D

x800xt

480W antec true blue

2 WD raptors.

What happens when nvidia comes out with an upgraded nforce driver set? does the installation overwrite these older files? does the raid array use the new sata drivers?
The nVRaid Controller uses the Raid driver NVRAID.SYS, the NVIDIA Sata Controller uses the Sata driver NVATABUS.SYS.

If NVIDIA brings new chipset drivers, there is no problem to update the installed ones.

Does this work with Windows 2000?
I think so, but I never tried it. You have to use the W2k drivers instead of the XP ones.
when running the install when it goes to start windows (bit were u choose hdd etc) it hangs keyboard flashes then nothng. I guess this could be me not doing the slipstream right as this the first time ive done it.

This has all come about because even with F6 floppy (new DFI one) i still cant install Xp either on Raid or SATA and this is my last ditch hope before i RMA this mobo.

im trying to install on to 2 raptor hdd on raid-0 and have been trying to get my rig working for the past 3 weeks. could any1 help me please.

Try to install XP by using the F6/floppy method and take the SataRaid drivers off the 6.53 chipset driver package (content of the IDE\WinXP folder without the raidtool subfolder). If the install fails, you really have a problem, which has nothing to do with this thread.

I think so, but I never tried it. You have to use the W2k drivers instead of the XP ones.

This didn't seem to work for me. I'm working on this issue in another thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry482943

My motherboard info and other details are there. If you have any ideas, please post them there. I can later post any solution here, I just want to keep all suggestions in one place.

Thanks in advance.

hey

btw this guide worked for me, with both xp sp2, and xp x64 sp1

using an nforce4 sli, and 4 sata II drives on the sata II controller.

also I dont got a floppy drive, glad this guide was here :)

Edited by gdogg

This didn't seem to work for me.

I just tested the integration of the nForce SataRaid drivers into Windows 2000 by using nLite 1.0 RC7 according my guide (see post 1 of this thread). It worked flawlessly.

The only difference concerning the integration was, that I integrated the IDE\Win2k drivers instead of the IDE\WinXP ones. As I have an nForce4 chipset, I took the LEGACY subfolder off the nForce chipset driver package 6.70.

So I suppose, that your problem has something to do with your Promise ATA Card.

CU

Fernando

i just got a new m/b and dont know which chipset drivers to use. its a gigabyte gn-k8n pro-sli. not sure as to which nv4 drivers to install into nvlite. and i will be running sata raid. so do i need to do that file thing at the start of the post where i move files around?

i just got a new m/b and dont know which chipset drivers to use. its a gigabyte gn-k8n pro-sli. not sure as to which nv4 drivers to install into nvlite. and i will be running sata raid. so do i need to do that file thing at the start of the post where i move files around?
Hi Venomous,

there is no Gigabyte mainboard named gn-k8n pro-sli. If you have the K8N PRO-SLI, I suppose, that you have a "normal" nForce4 AMD chipset.

Take the nForce chipset driver package 6.70. There is no need for you to move files around - just integrate the LEGACY subfolder as TEXTMODE driver and you will succeed.

CU

Fernando

great. made a typing mistake. so i dl the 6.70 files and intergrate them into nlite and thats all? sorry im new at this.
Just read the first post of this thread and do what I have written. It's very easy.

Good luck!

Fernando

1 last question, im trying to make a slipstream disk for a whole new computer build. i have the above mentioned board and a amd3700+, 7800gt oc,2 gigs of muskin, creative audigy gamer,cable modem,winxp. i think that does it. i tried to read as much of these post as i can. ive got the sp2 and xp slipstream now i need to finish the rest of the nlite program. as in raid drivers, hotfixes and what else would you suggest to make this as quick and painless...lol?