God Bless Astronauts

lowrider_1

Yes, very sad what happen this morning, I couldn't belive it when I heard it, been watching it all morning.. they keep showing the videos, same as those pictures, more videos are being sent out and rescue teams are also on they way....

I have spoken to my ex-wife and grandmother who live in dallas and houston Tx. They say they heard the sonic boom and reports of space ship debree everywhere spreading hundreads of miles from dalls to the lousiena boarder.

This is tragic, like we all needed something like this with everything going on. My prayers go to the family of those on the shuttle.

This is tragic, like we all needed something like this with everything going on. My prayers go to the family of those on the shuttle.

Yet another saddening loss :)

If this was due to incompetence... heads should roll. Personally, they should have aborted on take-off when the debris were observed.

The shuttle was returning not leaving earth, they may have escaped on the Emergency Exit Vehicle, in which they could live late into Spring. wonder why it ripped apart??

i watched some American news broadcasts on satelite earlier and while they where warning people not to touch, go near or pickup any debris because "its a biohazard as its been in space for a few days and its Gov' property, taking it is a federal offence"

why didnt they just spit it out and say "could well be radioactive"

keeping stuff from people like that is dumb and wrong, somone might find part of a reactor and take it home still, since when did "federal offence" stop everyone!?

The shuttle was returning not leaving earth, they may have escaped on the Emergency Exit Vehicle, in which they could live late into Spring. wonder why it ripped apart??

Yes, it was returning but debris was observed from the left wing on take-off. Unless the crew knew something was happening during the re-entry then they would not have prepared themselves and used an escape vehicle. Traveling at 1,200 mph at an altitude of 200,000 ft... time isn't on your side.

There are too many possible speculations for why it ripped apart. If the heat shielding was, in fact, damaged then that could quite easily have resulted in a break-up.

says invalid gamehead, you should have saved the page instead.

i think the first one is a garden hose or something not a bit of shuttle. it would be hilarious if it was a coolant injector from a reactor, guys hands would be burning already tho. you wait some dumbass is going to find a rod of plutanium, lumps of Xray machine or something and try pick it up.