Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

Congratulations! How did you do it (F6 or with nLite?
:thumbup I used the F6, followed exactlly what shuttle said on that page you sent me.... perfect thanks alot!!! Maybe you could add it to your first post.... i also double checked and your right --->
You won't be able to use nForce 6.66 or above as the NVRAID bios is only 4.81.

so i guess i just have to annoy shuttle until i get something.. thanks for the help, i guess ill have to wait alittle more for raid 0 and xp x64......

B) Mike

need HELP :huh:

Thank Fernando 1 :thumbup for your guide on this thread - it's very clear :D

i take done all steps on fist page - got xpx64 installation cd with nvidia raid dirver intergrated

i setup win on my disk array (created by nvidia BIOS) -----> setup done (no need F6)

... BUT... winx64 not work on my system

it's start system ----> win start -------> restart system....... :(

why it's not work ??? HELP ME!

my sys:

MB: Chaintech nF4 Ultra Pheonix BIOS 6.00PG /2-3-2005

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+

RAM: 2x512 MB PC3200

HD: 2x80 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Raid0, 80 GB Seagate ATA

PSU: CoolerMaster EP-380W

VIDEO: ATI Radeon X300-128E

... BUT... winx64 not work on my system

it's start system ----> win start -------> restart system....... :(

why it's not work ??? HELP ME!

Hi Mariokart,

try to boot in safe mode.

If you succeed, look into the device manager for yellow question marks.

If you cannot boot in safe mode, choose the F8 boot option "no restart at system failure" and look onto the error message.

If you use the actual nForce SataRaid drivers (off the package version 6.66 or higher), you should have a Raid BIOS version 4.84. Have a look onto the second boot display. There you can see the version number of your Raid BIOS.

If you can't get a new mainboard BIOS with integrated Raid BIOS v. 4.84 or higher, you have to create a new nLited CD. Instead of the new nForce SataRaid drivers from the nForce package 6.67 you should take them off the package 6.56. You can download this package here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1068

CU

Fernando

Thanks for this guide - worked perfectly on Asus A8N-SLi Premium!! :thumbup

One question though - if i wanted to do the same thing with the Silicon Image RAID drivers (rather than the nForce 4 ones), can I just integrate the drivers in the usual way with nlite? Or would there be a similar amount of playing around with the files as there was for the nForce?

Mike

One question though - if i wanted to do the same thing with the Silicon Image RAID drivers (rather than the nForce 4 ones), can I just integrate the drivers in the usual way with nlite? Or would there be a similar amount of playing around with the files as there was for the nForce?
Although I didn't test it with the Sil RAID drivers, I don't see any difficulties with these drivers similar to the nForce or VIA RAID drivers. Just integrate them as textmode drivers by nLite.

CU

Fernando

If you can't get a new mainboard BIOS with integrated Raid BIOS v. 4.84 or higher, you have to create a new nLited CD. Instead of the new nForce SataRaid drivers from the nForce package 6.67 you should take them off the package 6.56. You can download this package here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1068

WOW THAT WORKED :thumbup

maybe i had some mistakes when merged package 6.67 whit package 6.69 before

now winx64 that worked on my Nvidia raid BIOS. Simple way, i just done it with nForce package 6.67 :)

Fernando 1 thank bro for your nice tune

mariokart :whistle:

WOW THAT WORKED :thumbup

maybe i had some mistakes when merged package 6.67 whit package 6.69 before

now winx64 that worked on my Nvidia raid BIOS. Simple way, i just done it with nForce package 6.67 :)

Fernando 1 thank bro for your nice tune

mariokart :whistle:

I too am using a shuttle SN25P with RAID BIOS 4.81 and initially having problems with XP x64. I have installed x64 almost ten times and had given up on it. But after trying with the latest nlite and 6.56 drivers, it worked !!

:D

I'm speak englisch very low - sorry

this is instructions include RAID DRIVER XP64bit for mobo Gigabyte GA-K8NS chipset nForce 3 , raid nForce (for AMD64bit processor+ 2 x PATA Maxtor 160 GB)

you 100% satisfaction

1)Requirements:

- WS03SP1_RTM_1830_PX6_EN.iso from Microsoft (built 1830) end serial

- nlite1.0rc1i.exe http://nlite.wiretapped.us/old/nlite1.0rc1i.exe

- (drivers) NFORCE_RAID_FLOPPY_V6[1].25.exe <-- google from planetamd64.com "NFORCE_RAID_FLOPPY_V6.25.exe" is OK

2)extract all from "WS03SP1_RTM_1830_PX6_EN.iso" to folder "ARMPXEVL_EN" <-- create this folder

unpack all from "NFORCE_RAID_FLOPPY_V6[1].25.exe" to folder "MyRaid"<-- create this

3)install nlite1.0rc1i.exe <-- uninstall end install (default profile)

4)nLite :

a)open

b ) "select location........" -->> "Browse" folder "ARMPXEVL_EN" ->Next

c)"Presets" --> Next

d)only "Integrate Drivers","Unattended setup",Create a Bottable ISO"-->Next

e)"Integrate drivers"/click "insert"/"MyRaid"/"nvraid.inf"/Open/OK (Textmode driver)->Next

f)"Unattendet setup"/"General 1/2" delete,Backspace ->"Program files path"---->"C:\Program Files"<---- this

- CD-Key xxxxx-xxxxx-..... this ok

-/Personal/: Full name aaa.. ok / Computer name bbb... ok /Timezone xxx... ok ->Next "Do you want to start the proces" <- YES for xxx minuts ->Next

g)"Create a Bootable ISO"/"ISO label --> no "WinLite" -> "ARMPXEVL_EN" -->click"Make ISO" end save .....Creating iso image....xxx minuts --> Next-->Finish

!!!!FINISH!!!!! this file "WinLite.iso" burn to you CD or DVD (Nero,Ultra ISO etc...)

Edited by securite

this is instructions include RAID DRIVER XP64bit for mobo Gigabyte GA-K8NS chipset nForce 3 , raid nForce (for AMD64bit processor+ 2 x PATA Maxtor 160 GB)

you 100% satisfaction

@ Securite:

Thank you for the summary of what you have done to get a successful XPx64 CD with integrated PataRaid drivers. These instructions may help other users with an nForce3 mainboard and a PataRaid system.

@ all:

Don't be confused. There are no important differences between the instructions of Securite and my guide (first post of this thread). He took the 6.25 nForce RAID floppy drivers, I recommended to download the whole 6.25 driver package (just to have the other needed nForce drivers at the same time), which includes exactly the same RAID drivers.

CU

Fernando

• 4 weeks later...

Motherboard: ABIT AN8 Ultra (with nForce4 ultra) BIOS 19 with Raid Bios 4.84

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual core 4400+

Harddisks: 1 x Seagate PATA 7200.7 200GB IDE (not in Raid - used as system disk)

4 x Seagate SATA 7200.7 200GB used in 2 Raid-0 configurations (for video data)

During days of trying to install WinXP 64 with all sorts and versions of F6-method NvRaid Driver disks,

I never got further than a system that suddenly did "hang" when setup was copying files to the harddisk.

I'm building custom PC's for 7 years now, and never I was so frustrated..

As it was on a newly build system, at the end I suspected a driver problem but I couldn't find a solution.

When googling through the Internet for a solution hint, I came across this forum.

I've downloaded nLite 1.0 RC6 and followed carefully the instructions.

I integrated the 6.69 package downloaded from the Nvidia site.

I prepared the Sataraid map and integrated the nFordce drivers, as well as SMBUS, Ethernet and

Audio from the 6.69 package.

I created the ISO file and burned the CD

I started the install of Windows XP Pro X64 with my fingers crossed.

But all went well and my system flies now....

THANK YOU, guys!! Shame on Nvidia!!

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!

:wacko:

Guys,

I have been trying to create an Nlite ISO to help me integrate the NVidia RAID drivers and have had no end of trouble.

BSODs, CD just halting etc.

I have 2 x WD 200GB SATA Disks in RAID 0, the BIOS and RAID settings are fine. I just cannot get a proper NLITE ISO createdand running to put Windows 2003 x64 R2 on my machine. I have v4.84 of Nvidia RAID. The array is healthy and shows up fine. I did a F6 install and it worked fine until it BSOD on me. Have followed the instructions at the start of this thread but no joy. My last attempt with v6.67 of the 2K3 drivers ran fine and after restart and GUI bit blue screened :( Non-RAID configuration worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

D.

(DFI NF4 Lanparty Ultra-D)

Edited by daph4ntom

I have 2 x WD 200GB SATA Disks in RAID 0, the BIOS and RAID settings are fine. I just cannot get a proper NLITE ISO createdand running to put Windows 2003 x64 R2 on my machine. I have v4.84 of Nvidia RAID. The array is healthy and shows up fine. I did a F6 install and it worked fine until it BSOD on me. Have followed the instructions at the start of this thread but no joy. My last attempt with v6.67 of the 2K3 drivers ran fine and after restart and GUI bit blue screened :( Non-RAID configuration worked fine.

(DFI NF4 Lanparty Ultra-D)

Have you ever tried to integrate the 6.67 drivers (64-bit) into W2k3 without R2?

Since W2k3 R2 is rather new I don't know, if nLite supports the 64-bit version of it. Does nLite recognize Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 at the beginning of its processing?

As you have exactly the same mainboard as me, there should be no problem for you

1. to create a bootable W2k3 x64 CD with integrated SataRaid drivers and then

2. to update to R2 after you completed the install of the OS.

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1