Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

Ok, I'm doing it later this day. I'm going to use some other RAM sticks, cause there are often problems with my corsair XMS memory and my DFI board. Though my system was really stable with winXP 32 bit, non-raid.
That is a good idea. Windows XP x64 is more pretentious than Window XP in any case (drivers and system).

While making a cd using nlite 1.0 RC3, I get and pop-up which tells me the following: PE 13. It looks like an error, and after pressing the OK button, setup simply continues. Is this a known problem? What does it mean?

I attached a picture of the problem.

post-70245-1133822040_thumb.jpg

Edited by ruben-m

While making a cd using nlite 1.0 RC3, I get and pop-up which tells me the following: PE 13. It looks like an error, and after pressing the OK button, setup simply continues. Is this a known problem? What does it mean?
I am not an expert in the deep processing structure of nLite (you have to ask Nuhi himself), but AFAIK this popup means, that there has been an error within step 13 of the nLite processing.

Did you open and edit any SIF file (WINNT.SIF or TXTSETUP.SIF)?

You have written, that nLite continued the processing unless the error message. What was the result?

always same bsod machine_check_exception while windows is installing devices... Haven't tried it yet with other ram, I'll do that asap.

Last two times I got the message that nvata.cat wasn't found. I skipped it. Is it an important file, as far as you know?

Last two times I got the message that nvata.cat wasn't found. I skipped it. Is it an important file, as far as you know?
The CAT files (as NVATA.CAT) only have the function to verify, that the associated driver (in this case: NVATAX64.SYS or NVATA64.SYS) is digitally signed by Microsoft. So the file is not really needed, when you want to integrate the drivers by using nLite 1.0 RC1 or higher. But when you are doing the F6/Floppy method, you may need the 2 CAT files (NVATA.CAT and NVRAID.CAT).

As long as I do my tests integrating new nForce SataRaid drivers (v. 6.66 and higher) I have never had such a message about missing CAT files. If you want to prevent the message, you have to copy the NVATA.CAT from the SATA_IDE and the NVRAID.CAT from the SATARAID subfolder into the driver folder, before you are going to integrate the content of that folder as textmode driver.

Grr, even the other RAM didn't made a difference. still Blue screen at same point. I used a new cd, fullattended and no OEM preinstall. The bsod's I get them after loading drivers, when loading windows, and while installing devices. What could be wrong? The cd?

Grr, even the other RAM didn't made a difference. still Blue screen at same point. I used a new cd, fullattended and no OEM preinstall. The bsod's I get them after loading drivers, when loading windows, and while installing devices. What could be wrong? The cd?
I am pretty at a loss with your problem, but I am nearly sure, that the origin is a hardware issue.

What about your power supply unit (enough power? all proposed connections to the mainboard set?) and your CD-ROM device (error-free? with correct IDE connection?)?

Do you have any additional PCI Cards built in? If yes, did you try to remove them during the install of XP x64?

EDIT:

Are you sure, that your RAM sticks get enough power? If not, try to enhance the voltage per 0,1 Volt steps.

Edited by Fernando 1

If it is an hardware issue, then how is it to explain that I won't have any problems during non-raid install? I don't want to say it isn't an hardware issue, because I think so too. But the only things connected to my pc:

580 W power supply, all neccessary power cables plugged in

DFI NF4 SLI-DR

512 mb cl2 corsair RAM

2x Hitachi SATAII 250 gb

DVD-writer benq DW1620 DD BC79 firmware

LG DVD drive

CRT monitor, connected with DVI-analog converter

PS2 mouse+keyboard

What I did with the cd:

Copied files from original x64 cd to HD

Nlite 1.0 RC3>integrate drivers from 6.67 package as textmode drivers (both of them)

fullunattended setup

created iso, burned with nero as image.

Still get the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

I'm going to try integrating drivers from older package, which package should I take? Or wouldn't that make a difference?

I'm going to try integrating drivers from older package, which package should I take? Or wouldn't that make a difference?
As a first step I would propose to increase the RAM voltage per 0,1 Volt within your BIOS and to try again to install XP x64 using your nLited CD.

If this fails, you may try to install the "old" 64-Bit nForce Raid drivers out of the package 6.56 Beta by simply using the F6/floppy method. According to my tests are these drivers the latest Raid drivers which can be installed by F6 and floppy. You can download the 64-bit driver package 6.56 here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1068

Good luck!

Fernando

If it is an hardware issue, then how is it to explain that I won't have any problems during non-raid install
Because a 64bit OS is more demanding than a 32bit OS.
I forgot to say, my Ram currently has 2.8v, I think that should be enough, not?
It depends on your RAM sticks. Some of them need lower voltage (from 2,6 V up to 2,8 V), but others need more electricity power, especially when they are forced by a 64bit OS. Ask the RAM manufacturer, if you are not sure.

Hmm, now I can't even install anything, not even non-raid 32 bit, keep getting that BSOD. I'll try a few things, if I discover anything noteworthy, I'll tell you.
You should test all your hardware devices step by step!

Good luck!

Fernando

At first, I want to thank Fernando for his help last days. I really appreciate it. :)

I'm very happy that I have been able to install x64 non-raid without a hitch. Using my raid integrated nlite cd's, I kept getting those BSOD's, but when using the original cd, everything went fine. I'm not sure about what to do now. I'm definitely not going to keep it as it is now, because I know my pc can do more.

I was thinking about a 36Gb Raptor only for Windows, and my two hitachi's in raid 0 for all the other things. I think this will be more secure and stable, also in the future when I want to reinstall windows for some reason. Do you expect any problems when I want to do that? For as far as I know, the problems with raid and NF4 only occur when you want to install windows on a raid array. Is this true?

I know I haven't tried anything possible, but I have tested almost any part of my pc that I was using during setup. Also the fact that I can install x64 non-raid without any problems, says something. Though I have a few questions.

Can you conclude something out of above information? For example, that my nlite cd's were not good because I should have been able to install windows non-raid too with them.

What do you think about the performance of a raptor only for Windows and two other disks in raid 0 for games, music, applications etc.?

The patches and tweaks in nlite, can you do all of them also after installing Windows?

I do need to say I'm not giving up what I was trying. Though I think I do not have so much to try left, unless someone on this forum has another good idea.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic. I'll delete this post if you want to, because I can imagine this has not that much to do with this topic.

Again thanks for your help,

Ruben

Edited by ruben-m

I'm very happy that I have been able to install x64 non-raid without a hitch. Using my raid integrated nlite cd's, I kept getting those BSOD's, but when using the original cd, everything went fine. I'm not sure about what to do now. I'm definitely not going to keep it as it is now, because I know my pc can do more.
Maybe you are one of the users who should wait for the next version of nLite. On some systems people have problems with nLite 1.0 RC3.
I was thinking about a 36Gb Raptor only for Windows, and my two hitachi's in raid 0 for all the other things. I think this will be more secure and stable, also in the future when I want to reinstall windows for some reason. Do you expect any problems when I want to do that? For as far as I know, the problems with raid and NF4 only occur when you want to install windows on a raid array. Is this true?
That's right.
Can you conclude something out of above information? For example, that my nlite cd's were not good because I should have been able to install windows non-raid too with them.
Wait for nLite 1.0 RC4 or Final and try a new clean install.
What do you think about the performance of a raptor only for Windows and two other disks in raid 0 for games, music, applications etc.?
That should be a good idea. The more important question is which is the better as boot hard disk. I personally prefer to boot from the Raid array.
The patches and tweaks in nlite, can you do all of them also after installing Windows?
Yes, take one of the tweaking tools.

All the best to you!

Fernando