Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

The disk i made installs fine, with integrated drivers and everything, (it does pause for long time when the user agreement comes up but thats fine)
Hi Mike,

do the following:

1. Try to boot in safe mode. If you succeed, you can have a look into your device manager (do you see any yellow question marks?).

2. If you cannot boot in safe mode, try to unplug any not needed device and to boot with only 1 RAM stick.

still working on a good antivirus, i use Antivir (freeware that works GREAT) <www.antivir.de/en> on my x32, it won't let me install the personal version on here because it's ....windows2003 server.. altho it's xp pro x64.. ?? i guess
A very good x64 antivirus feeeware is Avast!4 Home. It works like a charm on 32-bit and 64-bit systems, but I am not sure, that it works with a Server OS like W2k3. You have to registrate the software by giving your eMail address, but you don't have to pay for it and you will get no Spam.

Download: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Fernando,

yeah no luck with safe mode, and if i try normal i get a blue screen too fast to read. Then it just reboots and reboots over and over again.

Which driver package did you take for the integration of the SataRaid drivers?

Fernando,

yeah no luck with safe mode, and if i try normal i get a blue screen too fast to read. Then it just reboots and reboots over and over again.

Which driver package did you take for the integration of the SataRaid drivers?

nForce 6.66, http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...4_amd_6.66.html i changed the txtsetup.oem file per your instructions and used package 6.25 for the other drivers , maybe im just mixing all of these up but i dont know its really annoying.

thanks

Mike

nForce 6.66, i changed the txtsetup.oem file per your instructions and used package 6.25 for the other drivers , maybe im just mixing all of these up but i dont know its really annoying.
Is your Rad array OK (declared as "healthy" on the second boot screen)?

Was your Raid detected as 1 hard disk drive during the first (TEXTMODE) part of the install?

nForce 6.66, i changed the txtsetup.oem file per your instructions and used package 6.25 for the other drivers , maybe im just mixing all of these up but i dont know its really annoying.
Is your Rad array OK (declared as "healthy" on the second boot screen)?

Was your Raid detected as 1 hard disk drive during the first (TEXTMODE) part of the install?

yes it says healthy, 1 hard disk equal to 2 x 160 GB (a little over 300GB), well i had JBOD raid setup and Windows XP x64 working but i decided i wanted to go with stripping raid 0 and thats when i started having all the problems, ohh and 1 stick of ram dosnt change anything, i tried a fresh install and everything still endless reboots ;)

Thanks a lot for helping

Mike

yes it says healthy, 1 hard disk equal to 2 x 160 GB (a little over 300GB), well i had JBOD raid setup and Windows XP x64 working but i decided i wanted to go with stripping raid 0 and thats when i started having all the problems, ohh and 1 stick of ram dosnt change anything, i tried a fresh install and everything still endless reboots ;)
Do you use another pc now or do you have access to the files of the partition you installed XPx64?

Do you use another pc now or do you have access to the files of the partition you installed XPx64?

acctually i reformatted both disks so i could put them in a raid 0, so right now i have a corrupted windows xp on 2 identical raid 0 disks, that will not boot , just the endless reboot cycle right before it loads xp, the raid is healthy and safe mood will not work

Mike

acctually i reformatted both disks so i could put them in a raid 0, so right now i have a corrupted windows xp on 2 identical raid 0 disks, that will not boot , just the endless reboot cycle right before it loads xp, the raid is healthy and safe mood will not work
You said, that you reformatted both disks. Did you do it in "low level format"? This is very important, because otherwise you have rests of the old file structure on your Raid array.

If you have not done it, I suggest to do the following:

1. Make a "low level format" of both hard disk (take the Seagate Tool).

2. Try a new install by using your nLited CD.

If this fails:

3. Create a new bootable CD by nLite, but this time take the IDE\WinXP drivers from the 6.25 package (don't edit the TXTSETUP.OEM!).

Good luck!

Fernando

You said, that you reformatted both disks. Did you do it in "low level format"? This is very important, because otherwise you have rests of the old file structure on your Raid array.

If you have not done it, I suggest to do the following:

1. Make a "low level format" of both hard disk (take the Seagate Tool).

2. Try a new install by using your nLited CD.

If this fails:

3. Create a new bootable CD by nLite, but this time take the IDE\WinXP drivers from the 6.25 package (don't edit the TXTSETUP.OEM!).

Good luck!

Fernando

ok ill have to try that, but to make myself clear what i did was, 1) enabled the sata drives (2 x 160 GB) for raid, 2) set up the raid for stripping 3) cleared disk data (in F10 raid) 4) booted my nlite cd, 5) and formatted the single 300 or so GB drive using NTFS (quick). So what you say i should do is reformat them individually before i set up the raid?

Sorry im a little new this is only my second time using a raid system

Mike

thanks, ill let you know

Mike

I you want, you can try to create a new nLited CD with the 6.25 drivers first (see Nr. 3 within my post from 09:54) and try to install Windows XPx64 this way.

I really cannot believe, that your problems are due to the fact, that you did not do a low level format.

CU

Fernando

thanks, ill let you know

Mike

I you want, you can try to create a new nLited CD with the 6.25 drivers first (see Nr. 3 within my post from 09:54) and try to install Windows XPx64 this way.

I really cannot believe, that your problems are due to the fact, that you did not do a low level format.

CU

Fernando

yea no luck, low level format did not help, then i tried filling both disks with zeros, (seagate tools sugestion) nothing, same endless reboot. i wish i knew what to do, well im gonna try ever combination of the drivers i find online, let me know if you have any ideas.

Mike

:no: yup, tried it, still the same thing, is there any way i can view that blue screen? also when i try to start in safe mode it stops and restars when it gets to: "acpitabl.dat" ? what is this file? well im just going to have to keep trying stuff, im getting really really frustrated, i cant figure out what im doing wrong

thanks

Mike