Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

Thanks for your quick reply. I also think it is better to boot from raid array, but that would mean that I need to install windows to my raid array, and that is just the problem. But I'll wait for nLite RC4 or Final, do you have any idea how long it would take before a new version is released?

• 2 weeks later...

well . this is my first post . let me c . i have a MSI K8N Neo3 (nforce 4 4X) with an Athlon 64 2800 and two samsung 80gb with 8mb of buffer running in raid 0 . so . the strange thing is here .

i was running wxp pro with the embedded drivers on the box i had in the diskette with the f6 method . so . when i changed to wxp64 the sys gave me that infinite error cycle . then i reinstalled wxp pro just to have the same error that wxp64 . this is strange .

i was trying this method with the MSI official last drivers that are the 6.66 version . they do not work . **** . so i am trying now with the nvidia version of the drivers posted here . i hope this time works for me at least . any idea or suggest will be welcome . i just replied my experience for the ones with MSI base motherboards .

cya .

well . this is my first post . let me c . i have a MSI K8N Neo3 (nforce 4 4X) with an Athlon 64 2800 and two samsung 80gb with 8mb of buffer running in raid 0 . so . the strange thing is here .

i was running wxp pro with the embedded drivers on the box i had in the diskette with the f6 method . so . when i changed to wxp64 the sys gave me that infinite error cycle . then i reinstalled wxp pro just to have the same error that wxp64 . this is strange .

i was trying this method with the MSI official last drivers that are the 6.66 version . they do not work . **** . so i am trying now with the nvidia version of the drivers posted here . i hope this time works for me at least . any idea or suggest will be welcome . i just replied my experience for the ones with MSI base motherboards .

The integration of the nForce SataRaid drivers into Windows XP and Windows XP x64 should work with your system.

For the creation of XP x64 take the 64-Bit drivers v. 6.67 from here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1192

Do exactly what I have written within post No 1.

Good luck!

Fernando

I have tried all the steps in the original post using XP x64 build 1830 (and the 6.67 drivers). I used just the RAID drivers to make sure there are no other conflicts. When installing I see my RAID drive, and setup lets me install on it. The RAID BIOS version is 5.5. The problem is after the first reboot.

I get the windows XP boot screen, and as it fades from black, it freezes right at the beginning (The logo is there but is really faint. I had this problem w/ my other motherboard from time to time as well) Does anyone know what is going on behinds that boot screen at that time?

The second time I rebooted I got a "MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR" (Again I had this problem w/ the other MB as well)

The third reboot, I got the windows XP installation screen, and then after 2 minutes (34 Minutes left) it froze

The fourth reboot, I got the windows XP installation screen, and past the key entry then I got a BSOD, "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

I have 2 Hitachi SATA II 80 GB Drives in RAID 0. I had many problems w/ random reboots, and I actually changed out my mother board (From ASUS A8n SLI to A-Bit KN8 SLI). The only devices on the system are a single PCI-e 6800GX XFX Video card, 4 of those hitachi drives (2 disabled in the bios), and a DVD Drive for the install.

I have tried using the ASUS supplied RAID Drivers, the updated ASUS RAID Drivers, the NVIDIA RAID drivers from the 6.69 chipset zip, and the 6.67 from this article.

The second time I rebooted I got a "MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR" (Again I had this problem w/ the other MB as well)

The third reboot, I got the windows XP installation screen, and then after 2 minutes (34 Minutes left) it froze

The fourth reboot, I got the windows XP installation screen, and past the key entry then I got a BSOD, "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

I have 2 Hitachi SATA II 80 GB Drives in RAID 0. I had many problems w/ random reboots, and I actually changed out my mother board (From ASUS A8n SLI to A-Bit KN8 SLI). The only devices on the system are a single PCI-e 6800GX XFX Video card, 4 of those hitachi drives (2 disabled in the bios), and a DVD Drive for the install.

It seems to me, that you have a hardware problem.

Try the following:

Remove the second or more RAM sticks so there is only 1 stick left. Then try to boot again with your nLited CD.

If the boot fails, look at your Sata cables and adaptors (broken/damaged?).

Set BIOS settings as Default and unplug all USB devices, which are not necessary for the setup.

Then try it again.

Good luck!

Fernando

hi guys....First I would like to say your a legend Fernando and I hope you can help me cause I really need it.

I decided to create a dual xp boot as 64 bit doesnt run everything yet.

Even if I just run the one os though, 64 bit is seriously giving me grey hairs.

K, here goes......

I embedded the video drivers(Nvidia Forceware 88.95 for 7800GT), wifi driver (ATheros),

nforce4 driver (Driver pack ver.6.67, DFI LANParty Ultra-D), Audigy 2 ZX Driver and 64bit Marvell Gigabit LAN Driver

When putting in the NFORCE4 drivers, I put in the drivers from alll the folders

(IDE\WinXP\Legacy, IDE\WinXP\sata_ide, IDE\WinXPsataraid, SMBus and Ethernet. I didnt put in the

sound driver from the pack cause I disabled it in bios for the Audigy 2 ZS. I embedded te Creative

64bit audio drivers instead.

That came to a total of 12 .inf files I think.

So that was done, continued with Nlite. I went to the remove components section and

removed anything that had the word "Bus" in it. Was that a good idea?

K, last I went into the txtsetup.sif folder which is in the X:\xp64full\AMD64 folder for

some reason. and I put in these lines:

[Data]

OemDrivers=OemInfFiles

[OemInfFiles]

OemDriverFlags=1

OemDriverPathName="%SystemRoot%\OemDir"

OemInfName="nvatax64.inf","nvrdx64.inf","nvata64.inf","nvefd64A.inf","nvnbd64a.inf","nf4sys.inf",

"nfsmb64.inf","nv4_disp.inf","yk51x64.inf","net5211.inf","ctljystk.inf","wdma_emu.inf"

Thats it..... Started the install, it finished no probs by the look of it. Then once again it

reboots like 10 times before I can get into Windows.

I hope this helps and I REALLY hope I have done something wrong......Please forgiv me for being a n00b...

Almost forgot the PC Specs.

DFI NForce4 Lanparty Ultra-D (Latest Bios to fix Dual Core probs)

AMD 4200+ x2 CPU

2Gb Value Select RAM

PCIe Leadtek 7800GT

2 x 200gb Western Digital NCQ SATA drives (Running Raid 0)

SONY DVD Burner DL

Floppy

350w Antec True Power PSU

USB Saitek Gaming Keyboard

USB Logitech MX518 Mouse

Edited by DeV1L-HaNZ0

I just realised that my keyboard, mouse, x45 controller, are usb and still plugged. Of caurse i knew they were usb but I didnt think they would make a difference. I'll get rid of them and try again.

Also ill try only installing the nforce4 drivers.

I embedded the video drivers(Nvidia Forceware 88.95 for 7800GT), wifi driver (ATheros),

nforce4 driver (Driver pack ver.6.67, DFI LANParty Ultra-D), Audigy 2 ZX Driver and 64bit Marvell Gigabit LAN Driver

When putting in the NFORCE4 drivers, I put in the drivers from alll the folders

(IDE\WinXP\Legacy, IDE\WinXP\sata_ide, IDE\WinXPsataraid, SMBus and Ethernet. I didnt put in the

sound driver from the pack cause I disabled it in bios for the Audigy 2 ZS. I embedded te Creative

64bit audio drivers instead.

So that was done, continued with Nlite. I went to the remove components section and

removed anything that had the word "Bus" in it. Was that a good idea?

K, last I went into the txtsetup.sif folder which is in the X:\xp64full\AMD64 folder for

some reason. and I put in these lines: ........

Hi,

here is my comment:

1. Some people report to have trouble with the integration of the Audigy 2 ZX driver. So if you want to be on the safe side, install them later (after you completed the install).

2. Concerning the integration of the nForce SataRaid drivers you did not read exactly what I have written in post No 1: If you integrate the IDE\WinXP\LEGACY folder, there is no need to integrate other IDE\WinXP subfolders (as SATA_IDE or SATARAID).

3. The idea to remove all other IDE Bus drivers (there are about 4 or 5 of them within the section "Hardware Support") was not bad, but this action is not necessary any more since version RC1 of nLite.

4. Not a good idea at all was it to edit the TXTSETUP.SIF. These entries only make sense within the WINNT.SIF. If you choose "UnattendedInstall" by nLite, these entries are automaticly done. There is no need to edit one of the SIF files, even if you don't choose "Unattended", because Nuhi has installed a special method to prevent the installation of the wrong MS standard IDE drivers.

Please reply, if you succeed (or not....).

CU

Fernando

thanks for the super quick reponse dude.

Im using the latest version of nlite that was posted on their website only a few days ago i think so that should be good.

you said tht when you used ver 6.66 you didnt need to edit anything (from what im understanding any) Wll I downloaded 6.66 and 6.67. For somw reason, 6.66 doesnt have a legacy folder but 6.67 does so that confused my simple mind somewhat lol.

So you think I should give it another go with the 6.67 driver pack, just using the legacy folder, without intergrating any other folders, and also without modifying any files?

well thats what you get for trying to overcomplicate things lol.

I just put in the drivers in the legacy folder, as well as the SMbus drivers.....It seems to work fine now. I'll start installing the drivers for all the other stuff and let you know if any put it out..

Also, would you know if having multiple partitions on the raid 0 array has any performance decrease?

Also, would having XP 32bit on another partition cause any problems?

If not, got any suggestions?

Just that I find that a few games are having issues so I thought I would use 64 bit for all my office/graphic work, and 32 bit for gaming......

****!!! Jus found the cause of my grief. After the intall, I tried to install the Forceware drivers for the 7800GT (Ver 81.98). It started to reboot itself on install again lol.

I hope that an older version will fix the problem. Will keep you posted.

Edited by DeV1L-HaNZ0

Im using the latest version of nlite that was posted on their website only a few days ago i think so that should be good.
You should use the brandnew version RC4 (attention: this version only works with .NET Framework 2.0).
You said tht when you used ver 6.66 you didnt need to edit anything (from what im understanding any) Wll I downloaded 6.66 and 6.67. For somw reason, 6.66 doesnt have a legacy folder but 6.67 does so that confused my simple mind somewhat lol.
If you take the 6.66 driver package, you have to integrate the PATARAID subfolder. This folder contents the same files as the LEGACY subfolder of the package 6.67. I personally prefer the 6.67 package, because some of the drivers are newer and better.
So you think I should give it another go with the 6.67 driver pack, just using the legacy folder, without intergrating any other folders, and also without modifying any files?
Just point at the LEGACY subfolder and integrate both proposed and really required drivers (NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller and NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER) as textmode drivers. After having done this, you can integrate the other drivers (SMBus, Ethernet, sound, graphics adapter, printer etc.) as "normal" drivers.
Also, would you know if having multiple partitions on the raid 0 array has any performance decrease?
No!
Also, would having XP 32bit on another partition cause any problems?
No!
****!!! Jus found the cause of my grief. After the intall, I tried to install the Forceware drivers for the 7800GT (Ver 81.98). It started to reboot itself on install again lol.
Why didn't you integrate this Forceware driver into your nLited CD (unpack the package, point at one of the INF files and integrate it as "normal" driver)?

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

This is going out to Fernando 1. Ok, i know this thread has to be dead by now, but i want to give you an extraordinary amount of respect. I've been playing with these silly machines for almost 20 years now. Started back in the day, probably like you did with dos 3.0 i think and windows 2.0... i was a little little kid.. :) anyway, I just set up a new machine the other day... as follows:

giga-byte ga-k8nsc-939 f5

AMD 64 3200 <Venice>

512mb PNY optima ddr dual channel <x2>

maxtor 100g SATA <x2>

nforce3

500w p/s

all the bells and whistles.. anyway.. i could not get my F6 drivers to load and couldn't even get past the initial blue installation screen without a BSOD. I read this form <p 1 & 2>, got a copy of nLite, edited my iso as u said to, using the 6.25 drivers... anyway long story short.. flawless installation, multiple reboots so far and NO problems whatsoever.. I edited my boot.ini and now am running x86 and x64 (1 on each hdd, no raid set up : ), multiple partitions and so on, i'm pretty hardcore..

Thank you very much for being so informative on your posts, this will be my new forum of choice.

Off to do some reading, thanks again

Tony :thumbup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! Drivers are a go....

sblive! x64 drivers, without a hitch. SOUND!!

Logitech mx1000 laser mouse, "setpoint" drivers x64 version, perfect

still working on a good antivirus, i use Antivir (freeware that works GREAT) <www.antivir.de/en> on my x32, it won't let me install the personal version on here because it's ....windows2003 server.. altho it's xp pro x64.. ?? i guess

I am running the trial version, i didn't want to spend the $$ at first, i know a lot of people are having trouble with it.. i'm trying to be gentle and it's working so far.. I'm almost sure i'll be off to the store within a few weeks, provided i can get all my software running. <i will continue to dual boot, i still love my trustworthy 32bit xp> :)

Edited by jinko421

Fernando,

So you must be a god at this so i have a question for you,

I have tried everything from your first post to this one -->

I'm not 100% with you as... (sorry for being a touch simple)

There's no txtsetup.oem file in the IDE folder (I dont even have a SATA RAID folder?!).

I can do the required modifications once I've created my slipstreamed image but not before. Is that how I should go about it?

Do the following:

1. Take the nForce package 6.66 for WinXPx64 (yes, you can use these drivers for nForce3 systems!)

2. Open the subfolder SATARAID within the path IDE\WinXP.

3. Open the file txtsetup.oem with the editor, go to the section [Files.scsi.BUSDRV] and replace the name nvrdx64.inf by the name nvatax64.inf

4. Store and close the changed file.

5. Now begin to work with nLite

6. Integrate the folder SATARAID from the package 6.66 as TEXTMODE drivers (both drivers which are presented by nLite, should be integrated).

7. Then integrate the other needed nForce3 drivers (SMBus, LAN, Gart etc.), but you have to take these drivers from the package 6.25!

The rest can be done as I explained in the first post of this thread.

If you have any trouble or if something is not clear, please ask. I will try to help you.

Good luck!

Fernando

still endless reboots after the install, im tring to run a raid 0 on windows xp x64 please help

Shuttle SN95G5

Windows XP x64 pro

RAM DDR 400 2 GB

2 x Serial ATA 150 (Seagate Barracudas 160 GB) ((Wanting a RAID 0))

AMD 939 Athlon64 X2 4200+ (hammertop)

NVIDIA nForce 3 Ultra Chipset

used nLite 1.0 RC4

The disk i made installs fine, with integrated drivers and everything, (it does pause for long time when the user agreement comes up but thats fine)

Thanks,

Mike Olsen :}

Edited by fairchild118