Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

Fernando,

when nlite proceeds with driver intergration ,it shows me a "Pe1" type of error.I click "ok" and the intergration continues normally.At the end the drivers are only intergraded in the I386 folder and not in the amd64 folder.To be more specific:

1)"I386" folder contains nvrdx64.sy, nvatax64.sy and a subfolder named "NLDRV" which contains all the drivers.

2)"AMD64" folder contains nothing specified with raid.

I copied the drivers manually in the amd64 folder but when i run the x64 setup, it failed with an "idecoil value 0 in .SIF" error or something like that.

I think something is wrong when the nlite proceeding.Weird.

Edited by stinart

Fernando,

when nlite proceeds with driver intergration ,it shows me a "Pe1" type of error.I click "ok" and the intergration continues normally.At the end the drivers are only intergraded in the I386 folder and not in the amd64 folder.To be more specific:

1)"I386" folder contains nvrdx64.sy, nvatax64.sy and a subfolder named "NLDRV" which contains all the drivers.

2)"AMD64" folder contains nothing specified with raid.

I have never heard about similar problems, but I am rather sure, that it is not an issue of nLite.

Please answer to the following questions:

1. Do you have an original version of Windows XP x64?

2. When you have copied the content of the original XP x64 CD onto your hard disk device and pointed nLite to that path, did nLite recognize the content of that folder correctly as Windows XP x64 Edition?

3. Are you sure, that it was a "Pe" type error? Yesterday you wrote, that it was a "P11" type error (no idea, what this error message means, just to verify, if you got the same message or not).

EDIT:

I just googled and found this:

A translation error code (FT=4) is set when a SFSR PE type error occurs. while the

MMU is fetching an entry from a page table or when a PTP is ...

Do you have an english or an other version of Windows XP x64?

Did you try to integtrate the Multilingual User Interface (MUI)?

Edited by Fernando 1

I have a copied cd of "Windows XP Professional x64 Edition trial software".(I can't download it myself with a 56k connection) .Nlite recognize it with no problem. The problem may be related with the trial software, but the cd itself completes the setup with no problem.

Can you please send me your "txtsetup.sif"(in amd64 folder) and inform me the exact folder location that the drivers are intergrated?I think it's a way to solve the problem.Thanx.

EDIT:I think it's an english version.How can i intergrade the MUI?

Edited by stinart

Can you please send me your "txtsetup.sif"(in amd64 folder) and inform me the exact folder location that the drivers are intergrated?I think it's a way to solve the problem.Thanx.

Send me a PM with your eMail address and I will send you the TXTSETUP.SIF (543 KB) of my nLited x64 CD.

The drivers and all other needed files (INF and DLL) are stored as compressed files in X:\AMD64\NLDRV (X is the letter of the CD-ROM drive), but the textmode drivers are additionally copied into the AMD64 directory.

EDIT 1: Obviously you are not sure, which version of Windows XP x64 you have (just copied somewhere).

Put the original CD into your CD drive and look into the README.HTM, which you find within the root of the CDRom drive. There you can see, what you got.

EDIT 2: Stinart, you are saving a lot of time, when you first do that:

If you are sure, that you have the original english version of Windows XP x64, try to install it using the F6/floppy method. Take the driver package 6.25 (for x64) and copy all files (not the subfoder raidtool) from the folder WinXP onto your floppy.

If you succeed this way, you can try it with nLite.

Edited by Fernando 1

THANKS SO MUCH, without this guide i would have surely had days of additional agony trying to get this to work, instead I only had a day before i found it and half a day until i figured out I have to use the 6.67 drivers you link to. Nevertheless, it works :thumbup

I'm using a Biostar NF4UL-9 with nForce4 Ultra, an AMD64, the latest BIOS from the Biostar website, and two Maxtor 200GB SATAs in RAID 0.

I have a Gigabyte K8N-Ultra-9 motherboard, with raid 0 on the nvidia sata's.

Am totally unable to load XP64 due to the exact same reasons as others here have stated, have tried numerous floppy versions of drivers to install at F6, have tried making numerous cd's with nlite rc1, with all variations of nforce 64 raid drivers i can find.

Have spent 3 days on the issue and given up, installed xp32 bit without a hitch.

Can someone please write a simple definitive guide on how to solve the issue as this thread has got so long and complex i cant follow it anymore.

i.e. which version of nlite to use, which drivers to use, and a slightly more comprehensive guide on how to do it using Nlite.

At end of my tether with this one, any help appreciated.

Can someone please write a simple definitive guide on how to solve the issue as this thread has got so long and complex i cant follow it anymore.

i.e. which version of nlite to use, which drivers to use, and a slightly more comprehensive guide on how to do it using Nlite.

Just have a look into post No 1 of this thread. There you can find all what you need. The guide is up-to-date and incorporates especially the use of nLite 1.0 RC1.

It is not necessary at all to read all posts of this thread.

CU

Fernando

It worked for me on the first try. I have an NForce3 board (MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum). I used the 6.56 Raid drivers from PlanetAMD 64, and the 6.25 drivers for the rest. Retail OEM XP X64, bought in September. SATA Raid 0. Raid Bios 4.81. Thanks for the guide - I have little experience in this sort of thing.

My raid bios is reorted as 4.81, i am on bios F6 and no newer bioses are available for my board {to my knowledge}. As stated previously i have tried making versions using Nlite using just about every driver package i can find, the machine will pick up the drivers so no boot disk is required, but it allways crashes at the end, i can boot into safe mode {after it halts at actpl stage}, but no amount of different driver installs will solve it, so i am left with a machine that only works in safe mode, not very usefull.

The fact that i can load XP32 in same config perfectly; leads me to conclusion that its not faulty board or components but a driver / XP64 issue. That though to me isnt of great help cos i am not trained in how to make my own working drivers, i paid microsoft, nvidia and gigabyte to do that, and it appears to me that somewhere in that chain is someone severely incompetent :realmad:. We shouldn't have to be having this thread in the 1st place if they had done their homework correctly.

So anyway i am no nearer a resolution, must be nice for the guys that solved the issue for their machines.

I am not 1 of them ufortuanately. :(

My raid bios is reorted as 4.81, i am on bios F6 and no newer bioses are available for my board {to my knowledge}. As stated previously i have tried making versions using Nlite using just about every driver package i can find, the machine will pick up the drivers so no boot disk is required, but it allways crashes at the end, i can boot into safe mode {after it halts at actpl stage}, but no amount of different driver installs will solve it, so i am left with a machine that only works in safe mode, not very usefull.

The fact that i can load XP32 in same config perfectly; leads me to conclusion that its not faulty board or components but a driver / XP64 issue.

Hi Ergo,

I can understand, that you are frustrated.

As you can imagine, it took me much more time than you to find at least a way to get the nForce SataRaid drivers installed with nearly each SataRaid system. Very often I was close to throw my computer out of the window.

There are thousands of possible reasons for the issue you described. A computer is much more complicated than an egg-timer and you only can solve a computer problem with patience.

If you cannot get a BIOS with a Raid BIOS v. 4.84, I would recommend to take an nForce chipset driver package lower than 6.66, for example the 6.56.

If you were able to boot into safe mode after the installation of XPx64, your problem has likely nothing to do with the NVIDIA nForce SataRaid drivers.

The 64-bit version of Windows XP is very choosy concerning all drivers (more than the 32-bit OS Windows XP). So look into your device manager, if the NVIDIA nForce Sata/Ide and Raid Controllers are correctly integrated. If this is the case, you can be quite sure, that your problem cannot be resolved by changing the SataRaid drivers or the method to install them.

Some weeks ago I got a BSOD each time, when I tried to install Windows XP. This issue had gone at once after I had set the voltage of my RAM a lttle bit higher (2,7 V instead of 2,6 V), but it took me 2 full days to find this simple way to resolve my problem. This example may demonstrate how complicated things are.

CU

Fernando

So anyway i am no nearer a resolution, must be nice for the guys that solved the issue for their machines.

I am not 1 of them ufortuanately. :(

+1

Same motherboard, same bios version, Raid 0 = same problem.

I send an email to the tech support at Gygabyte... You never know.

I'll try one more time with older version of the Raid driver in nLite but I'm beginning to loose faith.

Hope we'll see the desktop in XP Pro x64 one day :}

Same motherboard, same bios version, Raid 0 = same problem.

I'll try one more time with older version of the Raid driver in nLite but I'm beginning to loose faith.

Hope we'll see the desktop in XP Pro x64 one day :}

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t11324.html

Maybe it will help you with your Gigabyte K8N-Ultra-9.

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t11324.html

Maybe it will help you with your Gigabyte K8N-Ultra-9.

Thx mate,

Right now I just finished burning the WinLite iso with the 6.56 Drivers; Hope it will work.

I'll keep you posted.

Edit: 01:48 AM

YEEEEEEPEEEEEE ! I'm in. It worked with de 6.56 SATA RAID Drivers & bios F6.

Thanks a lot !

Another question, can I upgrade now my drivers with the latest or will it make Windows unbootable again ?

Edited by AntO1ne

Another question, can I upgrade now my drivers with the latest or will it make Windows unbootable again ?

Congratulations for your success!

Concerning your question about driver upgrading I would give you the advice to wait until Gigabyte presents a new BIOS for your board with a Raid BIOS v. 4.84. Otherwise you will risk new problems.

Be happy, that you can work with Windows XP x64.

CU

Fernando

Guest owenkun

Many apologies if this has already been answered (my reading the majority of the thread didn't indicate as such, however), but I'd hope someone could read and, hopefully, provide some assistance for my case.

I'm running Windows XP Pro 64-bit edition on an ECS nForce 4 mobo. The install progresses fine and the OS is quite usable and the initial installation of the nForce platform drivers appear to go smoothly. The issue that I'm encountering is as such:

The only hard drives installed on the system are SATA-based (i.e. I have no PATA disks). They're not configured for RAID or anything fancy, they're to appear as normal, individual drives to Windows and I'd like to have them remain that way.

Anyway, the initial install of the nForce drivers go fine, I reboot as it requests, and it comes back up just fine. Upon reboot Windows detects new hardware (not really, of course, it's just installing the drives once again with the updated drivers) and once again asks me to reboot. When I do so I find myself 'stuck' at the loading screen. Quite a few people mention BSODs and freezes and the like, but I seem to be alone in my issue, where the loading Windows 'crawler' (the blue progress bar that goes from left to right) continues indefinitely, never ultimately allowing Windows to load.

I'd attempted to do a recovery using the last known good configuration (that's even after manually forcing a system restore point), but no dice.

I'm thinking that given that the SATA disks are where Windows was initially installed, by installing the updated SATA drivers I'm changing something about the disk enumeration or a boot record or something, so Windows is left high and dry.

I'm guessing that if Windows has the appropriate nVidia drivers at the outset of the install process (like if I were to integrate them with the install media) I'm guessing that Windows wouldn't balk, as they'd be the drivers that are used upon the first boot. Thus, all my subsequent upgrades (whenever new platform drivers are released) should give me no issue.

Has anyone else either had this issue or encountered something similar? I've done a rather copious amount of searching via Google but haven't had much luck, largely since the results I get are overwhelmed by people getting the BSODs and freezes. I guess, if you'd like to get technical, my issue is a 'freeze,' though it seems like the system doesn't lock up, it's just stalled, conceivably looking for the disks.

I certainly do thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Edited by owenkun