The Calculator

Esoy

Hello!

I'm an author of The Calculator - utility that can replace the Windows calculator in your everyday computations.

This project is fresh and I tested it only on the Windows XP because I haven’t more old versions.

That’s bad and I decide what thirst, which helps me in testing on other operation systems and sends me constructive remarks, receives from me a registration and others who help receive a coupon to buy The Calculator with 30% discount.

Please send me your suggestions how to improve the program usability and add to it new helpful features.

You can download this program here (300kB).

Edited by Esoy

Not to sound mean but u have one post and all u posted is to download ur own software and then u say if u we help we get 30% to buy it :S to my mind think spam i may be proven wrong but ill see wat the others have to say on the subject.

I just tried it out. Pretty good at a first go.

It might be useful to be able to switch from radians to degrees for the trig functions. There are times when it's more convienient for me to use degrees. I know there's the "g" suffix, but it's sometimes just more convenient to type it in.

Also, sometimes its easier (and quicker) to write things out as

2sqrt(3)

instead of

2*sqrt(3)

When I think of this I literally think of it as "two root three", not "two times root three". Just a little note...

In most other mathematical programs (Matlab, MathCad, Maple, etc) the "^" key is used to denote an exponent instead of "**". I've seen "**" used before, but it's very easy to get that confused with standard multiplication. I see in the help file that the "^" key is used for logical operations... but if you want a program that's going to expand upon the built in calculator, logical operations probably aren't all that important.

i tryed it and it dose seem very nice, i have found 2 minor problems in this tho:

1.(for me atleast)i have a dark theme for windows and your button seem to still be black every other button has white text so maybe to fix this you could have a toggle for the colors?

2. in the screenshot you can see that the text is being squashed together for some reason why?

other than those 2 problems i can think of one other thing that sort of bugged me when i hit close the program only minimized to the tray maybe you could make another option to close complitly on exit without having to go through that menu?

other than that very nice program

post-62145-1120846067_thumb.jpg

Thank you for you reports.

clavicle

Zxian

I’ll entertain your suggestions in the next version of the program but apropos of «^» key…

I tried to keep up syntax of the C because I want to include in the program a script language that will be based on C.

The logical operations are needed for the engineer computations with bit masks and others.

spazmire11

Answers to your notes

1. I’ll include a color settings in the next versions

2. I think that is because you use big fonts in your screen settings. I’ll try to fix this problem in the next build.

I’ll add the option “minimize on close” in the next version.

2 all

Please, tell me your system configuration such as the Windows version to clear up a question of compatibility and send me a private message with e-mail address to which I can send you a registration letter.

I'v tried it on w98se sp2. It works fine it seems.

I don't want to look discouraging but there are dozen of free calculators available....

Even myslelf, I have written a calculator like that one except that, written in VBscript it has no real interface.

(I'm not intending to sell it althought the code must be considered as copyrighted.)

I use V for "square root" and parentheses are not requiered except when you need to explicitely separate groups.

Clic on my signature.

Thank you. It’s really good news about working under w98.

This calculator is not a goal. It’s medium to check up some ideas and debug some modules for more serious project.

And about sales… It’s not a real business but hobby that can make me some money.

Please tell me how can I give you a file with registration key.

Tested on Windows XP, 98SE, ME and Windows 2003 all works fine.

Have you given any thought to theme capability?

Will try on Longhorn later tonight...

Also how about making a way for it to be a true replacement for the windows Calc?

Kelsenellenelvian@gmail.com

Delete the shortcut to calc.exe and replace it by a shortcut to this software. Isn't it simple?

Yes, it’s simple but not work always.

So I have a keyboard with a special key to call the windows calc. Its driver directly calls calc.exe.

I wanted to replace calc.exe with a stub program that only calls The Calculator, but XP SP2 doesn’t permit to replace it and restores original file. :}

Edited by Esoy