Office 2003 - Office XP Updates plus Slipstreamer

Xable

ok...will give it a try...hope you can keep this updated!! looks good!

also, your guide is pretty good, but screenshots are always nice...

also, I assume I just burn the Office_Source folder (or rather, everything inside it as a data CD) and then all should be good? If that is correct, you should add that to your guide.

Thanks...

Edited by WoRdUp48

If you link to the KB articles @ MS then it's easier to download the updates in the needed language. Also the pack's nice but I think you should distribute it without the updates (shorter download time)

i like having everything i need in one pack!

But i can understand that its too much for those still having dialup connections.

Thank you for your work Neanderthal!

i just read the integration steps, and asked myself if it is possible to integrate the updates if i already have SP1 slipstreamed into my administrative installation point?

edit: i already changed the batch file to suit my needs.

Edited by what3v3r

Thank you ppl for your comments and suggestions. :)

It`s MS patch day tomorrow so i`m going to wait and see if any updates are released before i release an updated pack/guide.

Aswell as some small changes and tweaks i`m going to make 3 update pack`s for each version of office,

Full Pack

This will include the service pack and all post SP updates.

Medium Pack

This will include just the post service pack updates.

Lite Pack

This will include no updates, just the folder structure and batch files.

I think these will cover the needs of most situations.

Now...what do you think about screenshots in the guide? I know it can be helpfull to have a visual aid but i don`t think the procces it complicated enough to justify the need for screenshots. Maybe i`m wrong!

Edited by Neanderthal

i think the guide is made very well. also the ideea with 3 packs is genius. i have to say that i dont need all updates. so i will use the lite pack after today..... :P

very good work!

lol dude, thanx for your kind words. this is how it is. Updates become available very late over here, i`m just starting to update today and it`s going to take 2-3 hours to upload the 6 packs. Expect an update in about 6 hours. ;)