Way To Remove Dotnet ?

Yes You did Tell Me I could delete The Dotnet folder YOU Also Told Me that Windows Does Not copy/Install They's Files Onto The drive My Above Post Proves That They's File Are Put to tHe drive durring Installation and You Ask Me why I aSked You 3 Times ? You Were Incorrect Is Why. Oh And BTW I wAsint Refering To THe YES I Was Refering to YOu Talking To Me Like Im Some Stupid id*** When You were THe One that was wrong To Begin With On tHis Subject Maybe You should Read my Above Post I Think It flew Right Past You.

"InstallShield installs DotNetInstaller.exe as part of its engine files"

Looking at the posts, everyone told you what the culprit was, yet you blew them off like they were idiots. Finally someone explained to you exactly what was happening, and you finally accepted it. Don't get angry at Alanoll, he said the same thing over and over again. You chose not to listen.

If you want to know what is installing the files, look at the list of files you are installing. Find out which one uses the installshield installer, and that is your most likely culprit.

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108178  RyanVM Check that Out . Another Thing Im not adding Nothing To The Cd Or Any drivers. just A full Install  Xp Pro With Sp2 Intergrate BY MS Ive Installed this On Other computers With the same Affect stated In The Link.

That link says nothing about InstallShield files on the Windows XP CD... :blink:

I Know It Doesint Say Anything About installShields files.. but It does State that InstallShield installs DotNetInstaller.exe as sleepnmojo replyed if you want to know what is installing the files, look at the list of files you are installing. Find out which one uses the installshield installer, and that is your most likely culprit. what Is what I Dont Know And Is why I was Asking For Help In this thread Topic. I Dont spend All Day Ripping XP Apart . I Dont Know the files Or Components to Xp.. Sorry

What we've been saying all along is that there's nothing on the XP Install CD which uses InstallShield, so those files aren't coming from the XP Install. Nobody's been debating that the EXE comes from InstallShield.

Where are They Comeing From Then ?? I mean I Do A Full install Of Xp With nothing Added To My windows .. I do not Install my Graphic drivers for my card Just Use The default Xp Puts In. My Cd contains

CMPNENTS DOCS DOTNETFX I386 SUPPORT VALUEADD AUTORUN.INF

README.HTM READMESP.HTM SETUP.EXE SETUPXP.HTM WIN51 WIN51IP

WIN51IP.SP1 And WIN51IP.SP2 I have no Printer Cams Ect. To tHis Pc

Alanoll I dont Use Catalyst drivers If Your Refering to ATI

I use Geforce 5200 from ASUS The cheap Card LoL

Edited by hatred

Where are They Comeing From Then ?? I mean I Do A Full install Of Xp With nothing Added To My windows .. I do not Install my Graphic drivers for my card Just Use The default Xp Puts In. My Cd contains

CMPNENTS DOCS DOTNETFX I386 SUPPORT VALUEADD AUTORUN.INF

README.HTM READMESP.HTM SETUP.EXE SETUPXP.HTM WIN51 WIN51IP

WIN51IP.SP1 And WIN51IP.SP2 I have no Printer Cams Ect. To tHis Pc

Alanoll I dont Use Catalyst drivers If Your Refering to ATI

I use Geforce 5200 from ASUS The cheap Card LoL

Did you get the cd from an OEM, like dell or hp (basically where did you get the cd)? Also, post your winnt.sif file if you have one (Don't forget the codebox tags). When are you noticing the file; is it after you install stuff, or first boot up? It looks like you slipstreamed a sp2 on a pro sp1 cd. Did you do the slipstream?

The more info you give about your installation, the more we can help you. If people on this board seem a little pushy, it is because they are trying to answer your question, but you are telling them they are wrong, without helping them help you.

Nah Its Ok I understand why they Were Getting Pushy With Me . sorry Alanoll I Know You were Just Trying To Help Me Out . Ok To Anwser Your Question My Cd Is The Official Release With The sp2 From microsoft It wasint slipstreamed By Anyone. Now I tryed getting Info On google About This Problem not Much Luck. Anyway I Went to gosh's site And Did His slimming Down version Of XP useing The hexWorkshop I formatted Installed When i ran windocter To See If It would pick up tHis dotnet. It was gone! Great News sorta ... bad thing Is When you install diskeeper Or norton Antivirus It Puts The bloody thing Back In. Soooo Ya kinda No Point In Trying to have windows Not install it LoL I must Say though 15 Minites My XP was Installed I was Impressed

Not to sound hate full or any thing, but....

YOU WASTED 3 DAYS WHINING ABOUT THIS DOTNET INSTALLER JUST TO SAY , OH WELL, NORTON AV INSTALLS IT ANYWAY.......

I think if you had looked, and i dunno :whistle: "listened" to a few of us (mainly Alanoll; benners; RyanVM; and myself) whom were giving you some answers.... you wouldn't have wasted your time either.