Problems With Windows Post-install wizard

You have a whole host of errors and without access to the system we can go on guessing from now until forever. for example...

c:\documents ??

...tells me you are missing quote marks around the path. But your problems with "main.js" are a bit of a mystery. The real problem here, I think, is that you have a system where IE was removed (?) and then reinstalled (?). WPI is an .hta that runs off of the mshta process. IE and mshta go together like peas and carrots. If IE is screwed up, all bets are off. Troubleshooting IE can be a bear, even with access to your system. You can spend weeks Googling for a solution using trial-and-error techniques, or you can scrap it.

Again, I don't have access to your system, so I can only wonder whether it was set up as Firefox only. Firefox has it's benefits, but working with WPI ain't one of them. It's a Microsoft world, my friend. :P

its sad but true,, our best advice is for your last resourt and thats to reset,, but if you got a spare partiton of decent size you could just move all of your work to that drive while you redo your c drive

use that method to save you time on reloading everything meaning your work,

all you have to do is delete your c partition, reformat it then reinstal your os,

Edited by Lost Soul

Also, you mentioned that you didn't use nlite, but then you did use something similar to remove IE6, which isn't easy to install on it's own.

I agree with the others, WPI DOWS need IE6.

Easiest way, clean install of XPSP2 with NO MODIFICATIONS, and test.

If all ok, then make mods, but leave IE6 alone.

@kelsenellenelvian;

May be worth adding on the homepage, some thing that states, It doesn't work if you remove IE6.

Edited by oioldman

I have gotton recently the exact same thing. But it only happens when I try to run wpi.cmd. if i load manually with wpi.hta i dont get any errors.

the reason for manually clicking on either file is that the system I was using today is running win98se and does not have/or willing does not have the option to autorun the cd.

It there a way of manipulating the root so that hta will open automatically regardless if the machine is not autorun enabled?