REQ: CMD Mod

Dumpy Dooby

Everyone keeps talking about how certain 16bit apps don't work with their modified CMD console. I, however, don't really use any 16bit apps.

I was wondering if it would be possible to release a stand-alone mod for CMD? :)

Those are all for creating shortcuts. How, exactly, would I go about actually modding my cmd to always look like that? So when I do start->run and type "cmd" (sans quotes) I'll get the modified one.

I'm sure I can just modify HKCR\Applications\ and put CMD.exe in there and create my own SFX file which executes the shortcut after extracting, but that'd be a little sketchy and inefficient. I mean, it'd get the job done so I can type cmd in the run dialog, but it'd be a little weird.

erm... shortcuts?

no, you can obtain a nice result by adding the necessary parameters to cmd autorun and yes, everytime you type "cmd" (nor "cmd.exe") on the run dialog you'll obtain your previously typed stuff.

this is mine

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor]
"AutoRun"="title %username% @ %computername% - %date%  &&color 34 &&prompt $s$p$b$s&& cd %systemdrive%\\ &&cls &&ECHO. &&ECHO %time% - Have a Very Safe Day!"

always worked flawlessly and without problems.

I will readd the CMD mod in XPize 4, and there will be an explanatory text about the bugs you may have. Also it will be unselected by default in the installation. btw I've never ever had a problem with it ;)