CMenu

MHz

add CMenu to context menu when clicking on empty area of desktop/explorer

As mentioned a couple of posts back. Just file and folder handling. That is the limitation of it.

is that a limitation by choice, or another reason?

i ask because i've inserted a few frequently used apps into the menu and it would be great to launch them anywhere, at anytime :)

@urie

Thanks. I have noticed the problem myself. Inno Setup v5.1.5 and up need different identification and innounp to work with. It will be fixed in the next version.

@atomizer

The shell extension is not of my creation, so I have no choice available. Information is passed from the extension to CMenu.exe. Choice is available with CMenu.exe that I created. If the entension is not shown on the area or selection, then CMenu is unavailable.

I will not alter the shell extension library. This would affect the editor, perhaps a rewrite of CMenu to acommodate the changes...

The current extension works fine. This is my final discision on this matter.

Thanks MHz :thumbup

This is really a great product. I find myself using it more and more everyday and the majority of my work isn't UA stuff!

Keep up the good work! :yes:

Ps. what do you think about having people contribute "add-ons" or features they've developed themselves to work w/CMenu? Any interest? Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your just too quick totoymola. I have only just uploaded that recently. Unfortunately due to a bug found :( , I have done a service release in a v2.0 which I have just uploaded and should be currently fine to download. Yep, It has optional processblock function in AutoIt scripts created.

So officially, go for it. ;)

I will not alter the shell extension library. This would affect the editor, perhaps a rewrite of CMenu to acommodate the changes...

The current extension works fine. This is my final discision on this matter.

Actually, the extension does not work fine. Take my word for it, I wrote it. :-)

I haven't looked at the code for years, but unless you made some modifications to it, it could crash Explorer on pre-W2000 if you mark a lot of files, due to overflows in the registry and other oddities. Not that it applies in this particular case though. However, you might want to migrate your stuff to another shell extension than CMenuExtender, since I can't really recommend anyone to use it any longer.

And in answer to another question, the license does not prevent reworking the code and redistribute it, as indeed MHz has already done.

• 2 weeks later...