WINDOWS or LINUX

sheiksoft

Which operating system is the BEST...?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Which operating system is the BEST...?

• Windows
    • Linux

You had to bring this thread back from the dead didn't you......

Windows vs Linux threads are THE most idiotic threads ever to be known on the internet... They are TWO different OS's....

I know it says 'Which one is user-friendly'... but people... WHO CARES... its just a thread causing posts like this to start flame wars and trolls !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Like I've said a billion times. Different people have different preferences. That's why there are different OSes, programs, bands, genres, brands, topics, sections, etc. People use Windows, people use Linux, people use both. The world keeps spinning. End of bloody topic for frig sake.

Like I've said a billion times. Different people have different preferences. That's why there are different OSes, programs, bands, genres, brands, topics, sections, etc. People use Windows, people use Linux, people use both. The world keeps spinning. End of bloody topic for frig sake.

Each have the love...

You talk about user-friendlyness. Well take for example Mandarake distribution. Very easy to install (next next...) installation can even partition your hard drive automaticaly. Most linux distros has it's package management tools so you don't need even to hit next tree times to install or uninstall. I currently use arch linux (not that user friendly) but if i want to install some app i type "pacman -S application_name" (easier than typing url and pressing download) and it is installed automaticaly. Want to uninstall? "pacman -R application_name". Want to update whole system? "pacman -Syu" (windowsupdate updates only windows but not other apps). Another thing is about desktop environments. There are lot of them, but the best looking is KDE which has a lot of own programs. Sample kde screenshot: kde.png

I see only one negative side: many commercial games is not designed for linux.

Edited by zolookas