Mindows Project

Aegis

i'm just curious, how am I supposed to apply the reg file to a windows not booted yet

this batch file makes me a new system32 folder

so i figured i could make a copy of the rest of the needed stuff

and boot to a new folder/windows with this edited system32 folder

well thing is, without applying the reg tweak, i cannot boot this new windows without lots of errors

if i apply this reg tweak to a windows, that has the logon screen, without changing the system32 folder, it doesn't boot for me anymore

What if we added the regs by putting them in HIVEDEF.INF, for instance:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","ReportBootOk",0x00020000,"0"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","Shell",0x00020000,""
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","VmApplet",0x00020000,""
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","cachedlogonscount",0x00020000,"0"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","forceunlocklogon",0x00010001,1
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","LogonType",0x00010001,1
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","Background",0x00020000,"58 110 165"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SFCDisable",0x00010001,ffffff9d
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Reliability","ShutdownDoStateSnapshot",0x00010001,0

There are actually two ways to install this. One is to apply this to your current version of Windows, but there are some files you may not be able to delete. THe other is to install another Windows XP OS, boot from the old OS, and copy the system32\config and system32\drivers folder after using the batch file. THen you can delete the new OS. BTW I'll simplify this process as soon as I find a suitable installer. :)

There are actually two ways to install this. One is to apply this to your current version of Windows, but there are some files you may not be able to delete. THe other is to install another Windows XP OS, boot from the old OS, and copy the system32\config and system32\drivers folder after using the batch file. THen you can delete the new OS. BTW I'll simplify this process as soon as I find a suitable installer. :)

Thanks Aegis.

Much appreciated! :thumbup

Sorry Aegie but I am still pretty confused and lost. I am trying.

2003 server files?...excellent choice!

this is going to be interesting  :thumbup

Windows=153mb, Memory=29mb commit..live!

386folder=96mb, install=6min..everything running fine.

good.can send me ?

thanks

i want to try

42437374@qq.com

2003 server files?...excellent choice!

this is going to be interesting  :thumbup

Windows=153mb, Memory=29mb commit..live!

386folder=96mb, install=6min..everything running fine.

good.can send me ?

thanks

i want to try

42437374@qq.com

..c'mon, get real...i do NOT send any files in that manner. :wacko:

My first impression of this board was that it was filled with similar minded ppl, but...