Xbox360 Release Date // 360&PS3 Specs

tj007s13

Man most of those people in the second link probably have fantasies about rubbing Bill Gates nut sack :hello:!!!! Sony has and will always be the dominant company when it comes to gaming consoles. Just look at the number of consoles sold that explains itself. Even though I personally love the PS2 better I will admit the XBOX is a great console and personally love Halo and Halo2 but that's about it. There are so many things that could change from the time of release for both consoles so nobody knows which console will actually be better. Only time will tell but I would put money on the more experienced company to pull through in the end. :whistle:

Man most of those people in the second link probably have fantasies about rubbing Bill Gates nut sack :hello:!!!! Sony has and will always be the dominant company when it comes to gaming consoles. Just look at the number of consoles sold that explains itself. Even though I personally love the PS2 better I will admit the XBOX is a great console and personally love Halo and Halo2 but that's about it. There are so many things that could change from the time of release for both consoles so nobody knows which console will actually be better. Only time will tell but I would put money on the more experienced company to pull through in the end.  :whistle:

What are you smoking, man? Sony has and always will be the dominant company in gaming consoles? You're out of your **** mind! Sony didn't even *enter* the market until what, 1996? They got in at a fortunate time when both Sega and Nintendo, who'd been the market leaders for over a decade, both screwed up at the same time and missed a big opportunity.

To say that ANYONE, I don't care what company it is, will "Always" be the dominant *anything*, is just stupid.

Jason

Man most of those people in the second link probably have fantasies about rubbing Bill Gates nut sack :hello:!!!! Sony has and will always be the dominant company when it comes to gaming consoles. Just look at the number of consoles sold that explains itself. Even though I personally love the PS2 better I will admit the XBOX is a great console and personally love Halo and Halo2 but that's about it. There are so many things that could change from the time of release for both consoles so nobody knows which console will actually be better. Only time will tell but I would put money on the more experienced company to pull through in the end.  :whistle:

What are you smoking, man? Sony has and always will be the dominant company in gaming consoles? You're out of your **** mind! Sony didn't even *enter* the market until what, 1996? They got in at a fortunate time when both Sega and Nintendo, who'd been the market leaders for over a decade, both screwed up at the same time and missed a big opportunity.

To say that ANYONE, I don't care what company it is, will "Always" be the dominant *anything*, is just stupid.

Jason

I know that was a very broad statement but I was comparing Sony to Microsoft in terms of experience in the gaming industry since this thread is comparing PS3 and the XBOX 360. I've pretty much owned every console from Atari to even an XBOX and the only system sitting in my house now is the PS2 well until the PS3 comes out. I just can't wait to see who will reign supreme in the end but like I said I will put money on the more experienced company to pull through in the end being Sony like it or not. P.S. you should really check out the number of PS2's that have been sold globally. I think that would prove my point.

I know that was a very broad statement but I was comparing Sony to Microsoft in terms of experience in the gaming industry since this thread is comparing PS3 and the XBOX 360. I've pretty much owned every console from Atari to even an XBOX and the only system sitting in my house now is the PS2 well until the PS3 comes out. I just can't wait to see who will reign supreme in the end but like I said I will put money on the more experienced company to pull through in the end being Sony like it or not. P.S. you should really check out the number of PS2's that have been sold globally. I think that would prove my point.

LOL, I guess. Look at it this way: In the "end", no one will *ever* reign supreme. That's the beauty of a free market that allows for innovation and continuous improvement. Nintendo was on top for years, Sega snatched it away for awhile then Nintendo got it back. Sony and Sega both botched the 32/64bit generation and Sony got their foot in the door and raced to the top. Then Microsoft stepped in and, while they didn't dethrone Sony they made some huge inroads, even surpassing Nintendo. It's far too early to call the upcoming generation's "winner", but it's safe to say that it will be a LOT closer this time around than last time.

Sony won't be on top forever, they'll lose the #1 spot, guaranteed. NO ONE rules forever. And thank goodness for that!

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
They got in at a fortunate time when both Sega and Nintendo, who'd been the market leaders for over a decade, both screwed up at the same time and missed a big opportunity.
Maybe they didn't screw up. Maybe Sony just surpassed what was capable of both. If you have multiple employees and one excels and the others just do their job, do the ones that just do their job become screwups?
Sony won't be on top forever, they'll lose the #1 spot, guaranteed.

Mind telling me a little about your marketing knowledge that makes you a candidate to make such a bold statement that you are willing to guarantee. What do you guarantee it with? Who are you?

They got in at a fortunate time when both Sega and Nintendo, who'd been the market leaders for over a decade, both screwed up at the same time and missed a big opportunity.

Maybe they didn't screw up. Maybe Sony just surpassed what was capable of both. If you have multiple employees and one excels and the others just do their job, do the ones that just do their job become screwups?

Sony won't be on top forever, they'll lose the #1 spot, guaranteed.
Mind telling me a little about your marketing knowledge that makes you a candidate to make such a bold statement that you are willing to guarantee. What do you guarantee it with? Who are you?

Sega screwed up by *silently* releasing Saturn, and doing so at a price point that was much more than anyone was willing to pay (As I recall, around $450). Nintendo screwed up by releasing the N64 as a *cartridge* based system, making them unable to compete effectively with lower priced CD games from Sony's playstation in spite of the fact that the N64 was a vastly superior machine. A CD based N64 would very likely have kicked the Playstation's a**.

As for my guarantee that Sony will lose the top spot, for goodness sakes man, just look at HISTORY. No one *EVER* stays in the top spot forever. No one *ever* has. 25 years ago people said that KMART would never be knocked out of the #1 retailer spot, and where are they now? A third rate bottom of the barrel. EVERYONE screws up, EVERYONE miscalculates, EVERYONE takes a hit sometimes, and especially when you're #1, everyone is gunning for you.

It's not a question of IF Sony will lose the top spot, it's a question of WHEN. It obviously wasn't this generation, it may not be the next or even the next--but it WILL happen, and anyone who's ever stepped into a history class and actually PAID ATTENTION knows it.

Jason

i dont see the companys as screwing up, i see them as out done but that dosnt make them a screw up and as for sega,, they lost it do to the quality of the games and there bad controller,, the sega saturns controls were by far the worst out of any consul ive ever seen..

but like i said just because another company gets out done dosnt make them a screw up, it just means some one had a better product,,

yes you can try to advertise the mess out of some thing but when it all boils down to it, its what product is better..

thats my thoughts

i dont see the companys as screwing up, i see them as out done but that dosnt make them a screw up and as for sega,, they lost it do to the quality of the games and there bad controller,, the sega saturns controls were by far the worst out of any consul ive ever seen..

Say what? The Saturn's controller was almost exactly the same as the Genesis controller, man! There wasn't anything wrong with it! As an aside, game quality was NOT the Saturn's problem. As a matter of fact, Saturn in its short lifespan had a LOT of very good, very high quality games, including several from Working Designs that were just *awesome*.

but like i said just because another company gets out done dosnt make them a screw up, it just means some one had a better product,,

yes you can try to advertise the mess out of some thing but when it all boils down to it, its what product is better..

thats my thoughts

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the PSX was an *inferior* product to Saturn AND to N64 in terms of raw processing power. What it had going for it was the new CD format and it was apparently a lot easier to program for than the Saturn, which if you'll recall had EIGHT processors under the hood. For its time, it was a *seriously* beefy machine.

I'm afraid there's no getting around it: Nintendo and Sega both *screwed up*. They made products that didn't meet the needs of the market or of developers or *both*, whereas Sony correctly assessed both sets of needs and coupled that with a huge marketing blitz that rocketed PSX to the top. The most powerful product does NOT always win, and if the PSX showed one thing only it's that sometimes it's the most *well rounded* product that wins.

Jason