Cannot Activate XP Home!

arrynev

Hi everyone,

When I tried to put my Legal XP HOME onto another of my computers, I was not able to activate it because the activation page told me that I was not connected to the NET. what is happening, and how do I fix it?

You should have had the option to chose your location & regional information.

If it is in windows, try changing that first and click the activate windows icon.

If it is on the startup when you first start the machine after a install of windows, then you should (unless you have configured it otherwise) be able to change the location and regional information to France (try going Back through the wizard if it allows it). But you can always skip this and do it inside windows.

Regards,

N.

In windows, take a look in the Control Panel.

From there, Switch it to "Classic View" and choose "Regional and Language Options".

In this, change the location to France and any other language/location settings to France as well if needs be, but I "think" that should be enough.

You may want to open the "Phone and Modem options" applet in the Control Panel and if asked for location information, make the appropriate changes. If not, on the window that opens, click on "My Location" (or whatever is selected there) and choose Edit. In the window that appears, check that all the settings are correct for your country and alter them if not :)

...You are using a 56k modem right?

Also, if the above is true, and none of this woks, post back.

Regards,

N.

The first thing I thought of was "Do you in fact have an internet connection?".

Are you connecting through a modem or broadband?

If a modem: Is it dialing out OK?

If broadband: Is the nic setup right?

well it did happen to me. and i have a broadband internet connection. and also i was on line when i was doing the activation. i had to try several times till it worked.

To one it is a Dell C/D, to the next, yes I can access all of the net but I get the activate box eveytime!

I am on broadband (2.4 Meg)

It say's that I do not have a connection, but HERE I AM!!!

To one it is a Dell C/D, to the next, yes I can access all of the net but I get the activate box eveytime!

I am on broadband (2.4 Meg)

It say's that I do not have a connection, but HERE I AM!!!

You can't use Dell CDs on non-Dell computers... They will not get activated.

If you have a Dell computer, well, that's weird... :}