Office 2003 on 9x?

jeeva

The only Office version I have is 2003, I bought it for my laptop, the EULA allows me to install it on a desktop PC and a "portable computer" as well, so is there any (surely unofficial) patch to Office or Windows to install it anyway?

of2k3 doesn't support win9x :(

if you find something like a hack to install it on older OSs, then most of the stuff won't run correctly and this is a double edged sword as of2k3 has also too much bloat for a low-specs system...

Well it isn't really a low-specs system for office tasks, I think an AMD Athlon running at 900 MHz is enough for some Word and Excel tasks even in O2k3, what I don't understand is, why does Office XP run on the 9x system while O2k3 doesn't? What I read is that there's no much difference between them.

Well it isn't really a low-specs system for office tasks,

Yes it is a low-spec system, only because it is running 9x. It's kind of funny how just one aspect of a really nice system can make it not as good as it could be. The OS is defecent for modern software.

why does Office XP run on the 9x system while O2k3 doesn't? What I read is that there's no much difference between them.

Man, there is a huge difference, O2k3 is so much better.

If you open a document discussing 98 or Linux, for example, a pop-up will warn you that the document contains untrusted and potentially unsafe subject matter that may corrupt your system and damage your self-esteem if you are an XP fanboy.

Also, if you enter a typo in Word, the 3D skeletally-animated dog with pixel-shaded fur will walk over to the spot on your document and drop a steaming turd.

Yes it is a low-spec system, only because it is running 9x.

Low-spec is having a bloated sluggish OS like XP or Longtooth installed that drains your resources with 100 services running and causes applications and games to load and run more slowly. Low-spec means, instead of buying an actual OS, paying a premium price for the right to subject yourself to communist, Big Brother activation schemes devised by a convicted monopolist. I'm sticking with 9x for my Athlon 3400, 1 GB PC thank you.