dont laugh ?

:D okay go easy im new to this computer {stuff} i have a xp corp cd i do believe it was slipstreamed with sp2 any way to verify this i tried changing to directory d my cdrom and typing ver reply was 5.1.2600, but i get this at c / prompt too, when i explore the cd i see a folder named win51ip.SP2, so i presume this is the 1 i slipstreamed previously, is this the way to verify the cd is slipstreamed ??? already, i know i better start labeling discs they sure can mount , thanking you kindly

It's basically an admission that you are using an illegal copy when you say you have a corporate cd and you don't know anything about it. Usually the only ones who would have access to these would be IT professionals. But in answer to your question, that file tells you it has SP2 on it.

hi, "basically an admission ", silly presumption oh'no we were all given laptops a for home and a pc'c to help with work loads,and broadband at home,i work for an insurance company , and on maternity leave you can work from home , if you wish to do so. Your perception that xp pro corp, is only used by some it pro's is absurd , to say the least, :realmad: i presume anyone that drives a porsche is a racing driver, and anyone that wears nike runners is a top athlete, etc, you get the picture!!!!!!

all operating systems proff and home systems are built for the end user, not for techies, techies assist and support the end user, with their skills, do you really think computers were made to network and applications were made for them , just so techies could repair or adjust them, and correct settings they might require just for the sake of it !, xp pro is better for networking larger domains etc, and security aspects, the word xp pro does not mean its for techies but end users that need its more powerful requirements hope you comprehend ,and reply

Dude, did you fall asleep in English?? I got a headache reading yer post. Whatever happened to complete sentences??

And now, for something completely different.....

It may also be possible that since she works for XYZ company that XYZ company has a Volume Licence Agreement with the MicroBorg Empire. Part of that agreement, if its like ours, allows current employees to use 1 copy of the VLK version of XP, Office, ect. on their home pc's. So, the correct answer to this question would be for you to contact your it department at XYZ Inc. and ask them the specifics of the XP cd in your posession.

And on the topic of Porsche's, I race my virtual one every time I load up Need for Speed.....

Chill guys, it's only the old problem of terminology.

@julie - the reason that the "silly presumption" was made is that there is really no such thing as "Corporate Edition". It is only usually refered to in that way by the W*rez groups - in Microsoft's words it is "Volume Licence" released to large companies to use in networks etc, so "normal" users wouls not have access to it.

To answer your original question. The easiest check is to R.Click on "My Computer" and click Properties. You should see something like the following.

post-18455-1115827788_thumb.jpg

What?!? An illegal copy of windows XP?! *shocked* anyway just check your I386 path and see if you see sp2.cab  that should be easy enough :)

Yea, like <Spartacus> said, it is a matter of terminoligy, julie. Check out my post that got killed in the XP64 forum. Some people seem feveriously gung ho with accusing you of having a warezed copy of whatever, but thankfully not everyone here is like that. The information that everyone here looks and asks for works on just about every version, VLK, OEM, Retail, and Warezed.

Julie,

I did not question your usage of Pro... I questioned your usage of a "corporate" version. Having worked for corporations that had VLK and Select partnerships your scenario seems a little odd, that's all I am saying. I know that the companies I have worked with would never give a copy of a VLK CD and key to any employee for usage at home. So, if you are using a legit copy, good for you. If you aren't... whatever. I won't lose sleep over it. :)

Everyone please relax or I'll be forced to close this thread... :wacko:

When someone says they're using a corporate version of XP, other people will assume it is a warez copy if you mention it is not being used in a corporate environment such as a business or a school (my school has VLK licenses for their 200+ computers)...

:) well thank you ALL for your insight i am a little wiser now but not clever yet ;)

No prob, julie. I guess the lesson to be learned here is to make certain to dumb down yer question so as to not be accused of being in possession of questionable software. Anyway, sorry about all the static you got initially from the wording of yer question.

win51ip.SP2, so i presume this is the 1 i slipstreamed previously, is this the way to verify the cd is slipstreamed...

WIN51 is present in XP HE as well as XP Pro.

WIN51IC is present in XP HE Gold (and I presume it stays after SP1/2).

WIN51IP is in XP Pro Gold (and remains after SP1/2).

WIN51ip.SP2 refers to XP Pro SP2 manually slipstreamed or direct from M$.

The readme.htm and version.htm would tell you also which version it is.

One nice thing about having A VLK issue of Windows XP Pro is you don't have to play the call Mr. Bill Gates ever time you load a hard drive to play ..........

I hate software that plays that game of calling home.......... it is just a pain in the A**................

As they say on the Warez sites "All software should be free" :thumbup

and Friends don't let friends buy software......

Oh NO!....... I here a knock at the door.. JOKE JOKE :P

Mac!

I would dare say her copy of XPSP2 has the key embedded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since it was done from an admin install point and burned.

If you are about to install or upgrade 98 or ME be sure you have

enough machine/ram.

If you are checking you "LifeRafts" make sure it boots!!

Skunk