Any tweaking utilities for Win64?

Most WinXP Tweak utilities are not fully functional on Win64. Some options cause problems, others have no effect, and etc.

Are there any utilities out there that fully support Win64?

the current registry tweakers/cleaners are not programmed or configured for the windows x64 registry hive

it's not exactly a tweaking prog or a cleaner, but you can monitor which registry keys are being accessed using a program called Regmon

Regmon is a Registry monitoring utility that will show you which applications are accessing your Registry, which keys they are accessing, and the Registry data that they are reading and writing - all in real-time. This advanced utility takes you one step beyond what static Registry tools can do, to let you see and understand exactly how programs use the Registry. With static tools you might be able to see what Registry values and keys changed. With Regmon you'll see how the values and keys changed..

Regmon works on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003, Windows 95/98/Me and Windows 64-bit for Itanium and x64.

FOR AMD

Download Regmon (XP/Server 2003 64-bit Edition/x64 - 100 KB)

http://www.sysinternals.com/Files/regmonamd64.zip

FOR INTEL

Download Regmon (XP 64-bit Edition/IA64 -116 KB)

http://www.sysinternals.com/files/regmon64.zip

Hi, Nice to find on here some sort of registry cleaner for x64, what ever you do, dont use System mecanic 5, as I experienced the registry cleaner in system mechanic 5 does not do a back-up like version 4 did, and unfortunatly deleted half of the keys that Windows x64 needed to work, after tweaking my machine I re-booted and never got back into windows had to re-format and set everything backup, 4 hours total system set-up (includeing software.

once your system is set up, you should use ghost or something similar to create an image of your partition, and store it on a dvd

then if anything goes wrong, you can restore the image in 5-10 minutes instead of 4 hours to reinstall.

i found i couldn't do this because my drives are in raid, so i made a BartPE cd with the raid drivers, ghost and paragon hard disk manager.(among others)

now when i want to make or restore an image i just boot with my Bart cd

p.s. the bart cd also comes in handy if you need to troubleshoot your pc (lots of handy utils.)

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

• 1 year later...