Holy Hits Are Child's Play

FthrJACK

Parents worried about the rise of violent video games which encourage gangster-style behaviour in kids, might be heartened by the steady growth of a new sector... Christian-themed games.

Kids might not feel the same however.

The antithesis of the 18-rated Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Christian games are growing in popularity - particularly in God-fearing America. Characters generally take on the role of an agnostic, searching for God. In one effort, called Jarod's Journey, players learn about Christianity as part of an adventure game, which they win by becoming an apostle. In Charlie Church Mouse, pictured, players act out 3D Bible stories.

Another game, Ominous Horizons, makes you fight your demons not by blowing their heads off but by preaching and praying. It's miles away from the gun-toting sce- nes of today's blockbusters and is probably too religious for some... Which is why no Christian-themed games have yet been made into big console titles. They're sold through niche websites as PC efforts instead. But that's all expected to change soon, after £125million was made from the sector this year.

God save us!

Source: AMYSi

*All i gotta say is.... HAHAHAAHAHA! w00t

Tris constantly refers to me as Ned Flanders because of my Christian beliefs but I have to say one thing...this belongs in the funny farm. I have never seen any of these games and how can they be selling like they are? Crazy!

Rick :)

I remeber watching on the simpsons where bart went over to flanders house and they played on some consol. The game they played was "Bible Blaster"

He had to convert non-beleivers by smaking them with the bible.

Always thought that was funny. Could they make that a real game? :)

FLANDERS!! :)

Universal comunication :rolleyes: ... Had the same thought!

But, my comment: I think its ok that some people don't want their children to 'enjoy' GTA vice city, UT2003, Mafia etc. ... but Bible-smacker games? Naaaaaaawww!! LOL! - They are bound to be insanely boring!

This must be the same people that don't want their children reading Harry Potter! ... What a shame ...

I like to see good alternatives to the brutal stuff but there are lots of those games out too. Every sport you can think of, you can learn to fly, etc.

But one game that caught my attention. Grand Theft Auto 3. I had no idea that this game had what it did...I was thinking that I can deal with a car theft game but I didn't know that you can hurt and kill innocent people. In my book, that's sick. At least with many of the other violent games, the person or thing that you are shooting is the bad guy.

Rick :)