Motherboard Question

MCT

i have a pc i built as a "spare" for my ol' man, i dont have any spacers. for the motherboard, so i screwed the board directly to the case, it has kinda built in spacers it looks like, some parts of the metal are "up" so it kinda sits above the rest of the case, so all the motherboard isnt touching the metal, will this be ok, or should i get spacers, i havent powered the machine on yet, cuz i dont wanna blow my crap up lol

i screwed the board directly to the case

You do mean with the golden (or silver) things between the case and mobo?

lol are these called spacers? I have no idea lol (no flames pls lol as I thought spacers are the plastic things you can get for places where theres no screws used)

Regards,

N.

i think you should get some spacers, its pretty much needed on the cooling process, i havnt really seen any mobos with builtin spacers so im not sure if i would trust what you see, to be on the safe side,, buy spacers they are cheap :) some thing so cheap is worth not having future probs,,

Not all housing use spacers like for example Inwin.

If there is space like >4mm between mobo and back plate then you are safe. Also you can see it; if the AGP/PCI/(ISA LOL) fits well that don’t worry about spacers ;).