I got a job!

Zxian

Hey everyone,

This isn't really all that important news to the masses, but I finally found myself a co-op job!

I'm going to be working at the BC Cancer Research Center (BC = British Columbia, Canada) designing circuits, programming circuits in assembly, and programming front-end apps to control those circuits.

I'm totally stoked for getting this job since it's very interesting work and it's going towards a really good cause. I had the interview on Friday morning, and within 3 hours they called the Co-op office at my university and offered me the position and said that they wanted me to start working tomorrrow!

A nice bonus is that the dress code is casual... no monkey suits... :P

Wish me luck!

Congratulations Zxian :thumbup You must have really impressed them if they called back that quick! Sounds like interesting work for worthy cause.

Best of Luck to You!

MUAHAHAHHAHHAHAH!!!!!! A first day at work that absolutely rocked!!!

I got to work and do the usual "sign your life away" (confidentiality agreement) as well as all the necessary contact info stuff. Then, my supervisor sets me up with my own workstation, that was actually meant to be a small server...

2.4GHz Intel Xeon

512MB PC3200 RAM

40GB 7200 RPM HD

128MB ATI RAGE Video Card

Man does the thing ever scream! Everything is so bloddy fast on that computer. Not to mention that the internet is a T3 connection to the building, so everything downloads stupidly fast. I had to download a freeware PCB building software today, and the 9MB download was done in 3.5 seconds...

Not to mention that the stuff that I'm doing is actually interesting and fun!

@Zxian

Sounds way cool. You are designing electronic circuits as well as prograqmming? A true geeks dream!!! Have you ever used ICAP/Spice http://www.intusoft.com/

Very powerful schematic designer- circuit simulator.

Enjoy tomorrow, but don't grin too much or people will think you are up to something...