Firefox and Quicktime Alternative

Ctwizzy

in my uA I install K-Lite Mega Codec pack 1.3 first, then firefox.

Every plugin ive tried works, (tested with about:plugins) but the only one that never shows up is Quicktime.

Is there any other way I can get this plugin to work?

Or should I install Klite normal (not mega) and then install Quicktime and Real alt with the switches for firefox?? I havent tested this method but I want it to work with Mega if it can.

Thanks!

Mega includes the quicktime alternative files. You should go to the directory where you installed the codecs, and look for a folder called quicktime. Inside there look for one called browser. It should have the folders you need to copy over.

I'm doing all this from memory, but it should be close to what I said. Last time I checked, the alt didn't include all the plugins, but that could have changed since then. I'll post my xpi file, which will install them if you want.

Edit: Doesn't seem to want to let me upload the xpi file. Odd since it is only 246kb. Hit me on pm if you want the xpi file.

%PATH TO MEGA CODEC PACK%\QuickTime\Plugins has the plugins you were looking for earlier, but not all of the quicktime ones are installed in this method, so you can use my xpi file.

• 3 weeks later...