World jump day

Crispy

I've got a question here about the validity, though. I asked my older brother and he agreed too: When you jump, you and the earth push each other (though the earth doesn't move very far). As soon as you reach the height of your jump, the earth and you pull each other back (though, again, the earth not very far). So, by hitting the ground again, you reverse all the movement and energy spent pushing the earth.

Imagine the common example in high school science textbooks: two people on rollerblades. Expecting 600,000,000 million people to move the earth's orbit is like saying that if I push another rollerblader, he'll move, and I won't. We'll both move in proportion to our mass. If we pull each other back, we will end up on the same spot on the road.

I have another idea, but I'll see what everybody's opinion to this is first.

man its all relativity, a forum would not be enought to explain it, one could explain it verbally but that'd still be long.

i dunno how old u are but if u're in high school +/- u'll learn more about it in the univ...

i'm taking dynamics right now, it consists of lots of relative stuff not really relativity in depth but still..

first thing to keep in mind is earth already rotates and mass of earth's ratio to ppl's mass, i'd say ppl's mass is considerably low. so don't expect too much of an orbit change, but it'll be fun to watch ppl jump

its just another occasion to have fun after all. i hope ppl won't kill each other after no orbit change :D